• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What came before the Big Bang?

godnotgod

Thou art That
Why do you think worrying solves problems. Action solves issues not worry and if there is no solution it is extra pointless to worry.

If there is no solution, action is futile. It may very well be that the best and only thing to do in such a case is to do absolutely nothing, wherein the problem will work itself out. When the Dalai Lama tells us to not worry, he means not to worry about what action to take in its regard. Any action in such a case will only make matters worse, as the history of the world is testament to.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
If there is no solution, action is futile. It may very well be that the best and only thing to do in such a case is to do absolutely nothing, wherein the problem will work itself out. When the Dalai Lama tells us to not worry, he means not to worry about what action to take in its regard. Any action in such a case will only make matters worse, as the history of the world is testament to.

And this helps the topic ...how?

The singularity happened.
How do we know?
We are here.....

God did it.

godnotgod

Thou art That
I heard different.
The darkness of the void was perfect.
No disturbance of any kind.

Light is the abhorration.

The void is without light or darkness. It's empty through and through, and yet, contains everything.

'emptiness is form; form is emptiness'

(LOL...I'm sure you mean 'aberration', and not 'abhorration', which is not even a word, but whose root would be the word 'abhor', meaning 'to detest'.)

Thief

Rogue Theologian
This doesn't follow but I agree that we are here.

Thanks for the sermon.

What was before the big bang, maybe a little bang.

Perhaps a loud yawn.....and then.....'I AM!'
(which I believe to be synonymous to ....'Let there be light!'

Thief

Rogue Theologian
The void is without light or darkness. It's empty through and through, and yet, contains everything.

'emptiness is form; form is emptiness'

(LOL...I'm sure you mean 'aberration', and not 'abhorration', which is not even a word, but whose root would be the word 'abhor', meaning 'to detest'.)

No...I meant it.....

The perfection of the darkness had been disturbed.
I suspect this is where the duality began.
Right from the very beginning.

There has been....'objection'......ever since.

godnotgod

Thou art That
No...I meant it.....

The perfection of the darkness had been disturbed.
I suspect this is where the duality began.
Right from the very beginning.

There has been....'objection'......ever since.

You're placing arbitrary values on the further values of light and darkness, while separating them as independent from one another. That is not possible. The duality begins the moment you conceive of the value 'darkness', since it cannot be conceived without its corresponding opposite. The void is not darkness. It is empty. That is what void means, but it is absolute emptiness, 'the negation of negation'.

What we call 'light' and 'dark' are just two aspects of the same reality. One cannot exist without the other.

The idea of darkness within the mind is generally thought of as the state of ignorance. Out of this ignorance comes the projection of moral values of good and evil. And so darkness came to be seen as evil, or where evil dwelt.

Beyond that, man personified the darkness as devils and demons, and the light as god and angels. These dualities exist only in man's mind as projections of his ignorance. When bad things happened to man as a result of his ignorance, he imagined some evil entity as responsible for their occurrence, or that he was being punished by a wrathful god. And so he made sacrifices, but the 'punishments' continued in the form of disease, locusts, floods, and other calamities. Finally, the only acceptable host in the eyes of his god was god himself. Of course, this is primarily a Christian view.

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
You're placing arbitrary values on the further values of light and darkness, while separating them as independent from one another. That is not possible. The duality begins the moment you conceive of the value 'darkness', since it cannot be conceived without its corresponding opposite. The void is not darkness. It is empty. That is what void means, but it is absolute emptiness, 'the negation of negation'.

What we call 'light' and 'dark' are just two aspects of the same reality. One cannot exist without the other.

The idea of darkness within the mind is generally thought of as the state of ignorance. Out of this ignorance comes the projection of moral values of good and evil. And so darkness came to be seen as evil, or where evil dwelt.

Beyond that, man personified the darkness as devils and demons, and the light as god and angels. These dualities exist only in man's mind as projections of his ignorance. When bad things happened to man as a result of his ignorance, he imagined some evil entity as responsible for their occurrence, or that he was being punished by a wrathful god. And so he made sacrifices, but the 'punishments' continued in the form of disease, locusts, floods, and other calamities. Finally, the only acceptable host in the eyes of his god was god himself. Of course, this is primarily a Christian view.

Nay to all of the above.

There is duality....as you have admitted.
I believe in Spirit first.

'Let there be light' is the Source of that duality.

Unless now you venture to a discussion to the absolute denial of anything Greater than yourself.....

godnotgod

Thou art That
Nay to all of the above.

There is duality....as you have admitted.
I believe in Spirit first.

'Let there be light' is the Source of that duality.

Unless now you venture to a discussion to the absolute denial of anything Greater than yourself.....

If only darkness existed, where do you suppose the light came from?

outhouse

Atheistically
The singularity happened.
How do we know?
We are here.....

God did it.

I say purple ducky did it if were juts going to attribute what ever we want with no biblical reference.

My creation methodology is as valid and credible as yours.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I say purple ducky did it if were juts going to attribute what ever we want with no biblical reference.

My creation methodology is as valid and credible as yours.

Zounds!......have you submitted your paper to the hierarchy of scholarship?