• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What came before the Big Bang?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Yes, by all means. Please proceed to wake up. Then you can share, not in your personal delusions, but in the One Universal Reality of 'I Am'. And the best part is that you don't need to die first in order to enjoy this new experience. You can have it all, right here, right now. No strings attached. No need to bang your head into the wall to prove anything. The Gifts of the Incarnation were given to man even before you were born. So get with it. Otherwise, you will go to the grave having missed the greatest experience of just being here, now.

We're all still here
no one has gone away
Waiting, acting much too
well and procrastinating.

O I remember it all from before

Why heroes die at sunrise
Why the birds are arrows of the wise
Why each perfumed flower
Why each moment has its hour

It's you
It's all true

Incredible String Band

We die no matter what.
I will continue.....

godnotgod

Thou art That
We die no matter what.
I will continue.....

Why do you fancy contaminating the future with the past?

You want to die and continue at the same time.

When you die, just die. Nothing more.

We put away our masks, our costumes, our characters.

The play is over.

The stage empty.

Fade to black.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Why do you fancy contaminating the future with the past?

You want to die and continue at the same time.

When you die, just die. Nothing more.

We put away our masks, our costumes, our characters.

The play is over.

The stage empty.

Fade to black.

Done with the poetry?

Now back to topic.
Spirit first....the bang!

shawn001

“If there is no solution to the problem then don't waste time worrying about it. If there is a solution to the problem then don't waste time worrying about it.”
― Dalai Lama XIV

Akivah

“If there is no solution to the problem then don't waste time worrying about it. If there is a solution to the problem then don't waste time worrying about it.”
― Dalai Lama XIV

I agree. I was looking at the title of this thread and am wondering, who cares? What relevance would the answer have on your life? Is this question really causing a problem in someone's life?

shawn001

I agree. I was looking at the title of this thread and am wondering, who cares? What relevance would the answer have on your life? Is this question really causing a problem in someone's life?

Its not that its a problem per se its more figuring out the answer and yes it does cause problems in people lives, especially cosmologists. But a problem they like and want to try and solve. Its where we come from and that is a big question throughout all of humanity. We are explorers and curious in nature.

Figuring out some of these question could make huge differences in our daily lives.

I am not saying this about you so you know, but this is part of it

This is something the famous Isaiah Berlin said,

"Only barbarians are not curious about where they come from, how they came to be where they are, where they appear to to be going, whether they wish to go there and if so, why and if not, why not..."
Isaiah berlin

ruffen

― Dalai Lama XIV

If there is no solution, and nobody worry about it, there never will be a solution.

That Dalai Lama must be the most lazy guy in the history of our planet.

idav

Being
Premium Member
If there is no solution, and nobody worry about it, there never will be a solution.

That Dalai Lama must be the most lazy guy in the history of our planet.
Why do you think worrying solves problems. Action solves issues not worry and if there is no solution it is extra pointless to worry.

Akivah

Its not that its a problem per se its more figuring out the answer and yes it does cause problems in people lives, especially cosmologists. But a problem they like and want to try and solve. Its where we come from and that is a big question throughout all of humanity. We are explorers and curious in nature.

Figuring out some of these question could make huge differences in our daily lives.

I am not saying this about you so you know, but this is part of it

This is something the famous Isaiah Berlin said,

"Only barbarians are not curious about where they come from, how they came to be where they are, where they appear to to be going, whether they wish to go there and if so, why and if not, why not..."
Isaiah berlin

If one believes in a Creator, then the answers to all the questions the quote raises are known.

If one doesn't believe in a Creator, then no answer can ever satisfy. No matter what is discovered about pre-Big Bang, there will always be a new "But what came before that?".

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
If one believes in a Creator, then the answers to all the questions the quote raises are known.

If one doesn't believe in a Creator, then no answer can ever satisfy. No matter what is discovered about pre-Big Bang, there will always be a new "But what came before that?".

So true. But I like my option: "I don't know". I sorta got used to going without answers, which fits into my wife saying that I'm mostly clueless.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Right, but logically speaking, if that be allowed, in order to have a beginning, one must have an end. What is the end?

Physically?....sure....the last breath is pending.
Spiritually?....maybe....the angels carry swords and not all things are allowed.

Such is faith.

godnotgod

Thou art That
Physically?....sure....the last breath is pending.
Spiritually?....maybe....the angels carry swords and not all things are allowed.

Such is faith.

I am referring to 'The Beginning', as 'in the Beginning', as it relates to your meaning. That is a demarcation between what just ended and what just began. What is it that just ended for a beginning to be possible?