• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What came before the Big Bang?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I believe that what came before the Big Bang was the Big Finger Bang.

One finger and a thumb, actually.

It was the snap of God's pinch that set the BANG into spin....
right before it went BANG!

Otherwise all would have been one pulse of expansion with no rotation, spin, orbit, or spiral.

Amechania

Daimona of the Helpless
One finger and a thumb, actually.

It was the snap of God's pinch that set the BANG into spin....
right before it went BANG!

Otherwise all would have been one pulse of expansion with no rotation, spin, orbit, or spiral.

Agreed. Most people don't appreciate the value of the thumb in conjuction with the finger, and how useful the combination can be in making things come in expansive pulses. I'm glad God decided to use the pinch. I hate the swirl.

godnotgod

Thou art That
Agreed. Most people don't appreciate the value of the thumb in conjuction with the finger, and how useful the combination can be in making things come in expansive pulses. I'm glad God decided to use the pinch. I hate the swirl.

Nah! Nothing as mundane as fingers. It's all in the wrist, you know.

Actually, the spin comes from within God's consciousness. He's just a groovy cat, that's all.

godnotgod

Thou art That
Groovy cat. I dig.

cat.jpg

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
Again about "nothingness" !
Again about the "void" !
Again about "singularity" !
Again about "inflation" !
Again about the "big bang" !

but the "speck" is new !
Sometime ago, a few trillion, trillion eons; everything started vortexing into a cyclic singular point that seems to be endlessy gravituous.
In other words....this point started sucking everything into it's bosom, and from then the everthing that was there becomes one "speck" and after a long, long, long time it infated into a big expansive mix of gas and "stuff", and then it become solid.....
Nah...that's not right.....where did the "stuff" come from ? And.....what was left behind ?
Maybe I'll become a theist.....maybe God did it !
BUT...................where was God all those trillions of eons, doing absolutely nothing in that nothingness in which (it/he) existed.
I'm told by some, "it was everywhere, and anywhere".
So..........with that in mind....there wasn't ever a "nothingness". That makes it easy up to the "Big Bang".
Geeeeee...creation settles everything.
~
Obviously I haven't a clue but it is a lot of fun.
~
Does it really matter, in this "speck" of the Cosmos we occupy ?
I doubt it !
I'm goin to the beach !
~
'mud

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I take it a step further. God is all and if not there would be spin and rotation but no life.

Can you expand on this?

I place God at the moment before the 'bang' setting the singularity in spin.
I later place God having said..."I AM!"...and not hearing a response.
(just an echo...maybe)

Life would be that experiment attempting to form a spirit complex enough to
speak to....a get a response.

godnotgod

Thou art That
..... it infated into a big expansive mix of gas and "stuff", and then it become solid.....
Nah...that's not right.....where did the "stuff" come from ? And.....what was left behind ?

Maybe it didn't come from anywhere; maybe it's not really 'stuff', as Quantum Mechanics seems to indicate; maybe it's all just energy masquerading as 'stuff'; and maybe...just maybe...it's an illusion manifested on a level our rational minds cannot quite understand. And so, if the universe we call 'real stuff' is but a manifested apparition, there is no need to have to explain the origin of it's 'stuff', because there is no 'stuff'.

The Big Bang may, after all, just be an event in consciousness; a joyous celebration of everything possible, one of those things being...well... going to the beach.

'Be glad, Oh be glad,
for the song has no ending'

Last edited:

idav

Being
Premium Member
Can you expand on this?

I place God at the moment before the 'bang' setting the singularity in spin.
I later place God having said..."I AM!"...and not hearing a response.
(just an echo...maybe)

Life would be that experiment attempting to form a spirit complex enough to
speak to....a get a response.

The essence of life is within matter and energy itself which is what evolution shows. An intelligent creator just makes one wonder how god got consciousness....as if pointing to consciousness outside of us solves anything. Without the essence in existence itself, then matter might evolve but never to be able to look back upon itself. We are star dust looking back at ourselves when we view the cosmos.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
The essence of life is within matter and energy itself which is what evolution shows. An intelligent creator just makes one wonder how god got consciousness....as if pointing to consciousness outside of us solves anything. Without the essence in existence itself, then matter might evolve but never to be able to look back upon itself. We are star dust looking back at ourselves when we view the cosmos.

God however, would not be born of substance.

Indeed!....
How to say...'I AM!'.....without so much as an Echo?!
and even so.....if you are the First.....does that echo have sufficient response?

How can an echo say....'YES!.......You ARE!"....?

godnotgod

Thou art That
God however, would not be born of substance.

Oh, no?

"...and the Word BECAME flesh and dwelt among us"
John 1:14

"...and God so loved the world that....."
John 3:16

Why do you continue to play up a conflict between the spirit and the flesh where none exists? This is only an indication of your own inner conflict.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
Why do you continue to play up a conflict between the spirit and the flesh where none exists? This is only an indication of your own inner conflict.
So true.

Jesus said that the kingdom of heaven is within you. It's not here, not there, but within. When people are too focused on trying to find it without (outside), they miss the key message in the Gospel about you becoming Jesus by realizing that heaven is here, right now, within. When you realize you're one with God, there's no fight anymore. You're saved. (IMO)

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Oh, no?

"...and the Word BECAME flesh and dwelt among us"
John 1:14

"...and God so loved the world that....."
John 3:16

Now place the event is proper context and continue.

The conflict is yours to resolve.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
If god exists it is something rather than nothing. You can call spirit nothing if you prefer, sounds like non-existance to me.

Yet the rule of cause and effect remain.
We might be able to render God to our numbers...equations won't work.
We might be able to do that experiment...the universe won't fit in the petri dish.

But 'Something' ....caused it.

So I continue to say...Spirit First.

Can't squeeze brains out of a rock.....so to speak.

Amechania

Daimona of the Helpless
We can know with certainty the answer to this question because time and space did not exist before the expansion of the universe. Without time, there is no before and therefore no cause and effect. The answer, as counterintuitive as it may seem, is "nothing."