• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

what do you feel is wrong with homosexuality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smoke

Done here.
What do you think is wrong with homosexuality from a religious view point?
Once you figure out that there's nothing at all wrong with homosexuality, you start to figure out other things your religion is wrong about. This is very good for you, but religious leaders don't like it.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
my religion endorses the destruction of gender stereotypes and the liberation of human sexuality - supporting homosexuality plays a role in this.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
my religion endorses the destruction of gender stereotypes and the liberation of human sexuality - supporting homosexuality plays a role in this.
I'm curious. Do you espouse the eradication of all stereotypes, resulting in a complete blur between sexual differentiation? Are there some defining stereotypes that look realistically at differences, and use them to compare/contrast, rather than qualify?

Do you advocate complete andogyny?

Nanda

Polyanna
I find that my stance on homosexuality makes it a lot easier for me to explain my rejection of Catholicism to some of my more religious relatives. For some reason, it's easier for them to accept that I won't go to a church that considers homosexuality a sin than it is for them to accept that I'm an atheist.

I want to stress that I am a total advocate of freedom of consciousness. Of the pursuit of happiness as you find fit as long as it does not harm others or effect anyone else's freedom to do the same. Don't religions stress that God will sort it out anyway? However I don't think gay couples should be allowed to adopt children as this would have undue influence on the child.

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
Nothing will come from this thread. The only thing Godists can say against homosexuality is that God does not like it, but they cannot answer why God does not like it.

Nothing will come from this thread. The only thing Godists can say against homosexuality is that God does not like it, but they cannot answer why God does not like it.
Do you think God likes it or that He doesn't care one way are the other? Or maybe He is taking a nap or never existed at all.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
I want to stress that I am a total advocate of freedom of consciousness. Of the pursuit of happiness as you find fit as long as it does not harm others or effect anyone else's freedom to do the same. Don't religions stress that God will sort it out anyway? However I don't think gay couples should be allowed to adopt children as this would have undue influence on the child.
All parents have an undue influence on their children.

What difference does that make?

I think marriage is a man and woman thing, i dont think a gay/lesbian can be really married properly. I think marriage is not just a love thing, its a very divine(not the wproper word im thinking of) Well, i have no problem with gays being married, if i ran a country, they would be able to be married openly. But this is my view.

Panda

42?
Premium Member
I think marriage is a man and woman thing, i dont think a gay/lesbian can be really married properly. I think marriage is not just a love thing, its a very divine(not the wproper word im thinking of) Well, i have no problem with gays being married, if i ran a country, they would be able to be married openly. But this is my view.

Ahh I see. So do you feel the term "marriage" should only be applied to a man and a woman but that same sex relationships are ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.