• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you feel is wrong with Islam?

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
he is in fact taking his information from a channel 4 progamme in the UK called "the Quran" which showed a Saudi printing operation at King Fahd Holy Qur'an printing Complex in Al- Madina putting words like tank , rocket,christian ,jew etc into translations which are sent out by the million.

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/general-religious-debates/67974-quran-channel-4-a.html

Then i guess with the current fast and effective techniques we have, you can search the Quran and find these mistranslated words for us, am i right?

Popeyesays

he is in fact taking his information from a channel 4 progamme in the UK called "the Quran" which showed a Saudi printing operation at King Fahd Holy Qur'an printing Complex in Al- Madina putting words like tank , rocket,christian ,jew etc into translations which are sent out by the million.

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/general-religious-debates/67974-quran-channel-4-a.html
I don't believ e everything I see on History Channel, either, Kai. If they are printing such things by the million, show me aq copy. . . . . . shouldn't be a problem at all, should it?

Most Qur'ans are printed with some commentary provided. Such words appearing in the commentary would be another thing altogether.

I do not believe it til I see it.

If a printing company were inserting words into the Qur'an that were not there originally, mobs would probably burn it down.

Regards,
Scott

kai

ragamuffin
Then i guess with the current fast and effective techniques we have, you can search the Quran and find these mistranslated words for us, am i right?

well i have been trying but i dont know one copy from another, and i have not much idea where to start, i am looking at the progamme itself to get some clues

kai

ragamuffin
I don't believ e everything I see on History Channel, either, Kai. If they are printing such things by the million, show me aq copy. . . . . . shouldn't be a problem at all, should it?

Most Qur'ans are printed with some commentary provided. Such words appearing in the commentary would be another thing altogether.

I do not believe it til I see it.

If a printing company were inserting words into the Qur'an that were not there originally, mobs would probably burn it down.

Regards,
Scott

well all i can say is they showed it on the programme , modern words put directly into the quran, things like changing "others " to christians and jews , and putting in words like "tank" i will do my best to find any info on this programme.

Sahar

Tank? Rocket? :areyoucra
This is hilarious!!
Now I think this program is plain propaganda.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
well i have been trying but i dont know one copy from another, and i have not much idea where to start, i am looking at the progamme itself to get some clues

You don't have to worry about that. I'll help you by providing you the place where you can get all the Saudi translations you want.

It's the website for the King Fahd Complex itself for the Printing of The Holy Quran.
King Fahd Complex for the Printing of the Holy Qur'an

Translations

Now take any translation from there and compare with any other avilable authentic translation of the Quran online.

I'll wait for you.

kai

ragamuffin
You don't have to worry about that. I'll help you by providing you the place where you can get all the Saudi translations you want.

It's the website for the King Fahd Complex itself for the Printing of The Holy Quran.
King Fahd Complex for the Printing of the Holy Qur'an

Translations

Now take any translation from there and compare with any other avilable authentic translation of the Quran online.

I'll wait for you.

ok i tried that it wont let me log on, i have pmd you the programme details

The Qur'an | Watch Online | Free Catch-Up on Channel 4 Shows

i would give more wieght to your opinion, than me blundering around

kai

ragamuffin
Tank? Rocket? :areyoucra
This is hilarious!!
Now I think this program is plain propaganda.

actually it was pro islam and anti cultural influence and i think its quite serious if its true.

Saudi Arabia has its own clerical hierarchy, and the dominant religious message here is a belligerent and patriarchal Islam, know as Wahabism. Backed by immense oil wealth, the Saudis are attempting to impose their strict, rigid, narrow and, many would say, divisive interpretation of Islam on the whole Muslim world.
At its most basic, the Saudis are printing thousands of copies of their own translation of the Qur’an in 44 languages, and distributing them at low cost or free around the world.

(my emboldening)

Channel 4 - Faith and belief - The Qur’an

Popeyesays

actually it was pro islam and anti cultural influence and i think its quite serious if its true.

Saudi Arabia has its own clerical hierarchy, and the dominant religious message here is a belligerent and patriarchal Islam, know as Wahabism. Backed by immense oil wealth, the Saudis are attempting to impose their strict, rigid, narrow and, many would say, divisive interpretation of Islam on the whole Muslim world.
At its most basic, the Saudis are printing thousands of copies of their own translation of the Qur’an in 44 languages, and distributing them at low cost or free around the world.

(my emboldening)

You can only watch the show if you are in The Republic of Ireland or the United Kingdom. So your link is useless to anyone living elsewhere.

Why would a Saudi publish Qur'ans in languages other than Arabic? One does not "translate" the Qur'an into Arabic, the original is in Arabic, and it is a capital offense in Saudi Arabia to present the Qur'an using words other than appear in the original.

If your publishers were doing that, the fatwas would be flying, and they would eventually be shortened by a head. . . Decapitated . . . Brought up Short . . . Denaped . . . given the chop . . . relieved of the top ten pounds of ugly fat . . . dead.

Regards,
Scott

kai

ragamuffin
You can only watch the show if you are in The Republic of Ireland or the United Kingdom. So your link is useless to anyone living elsewhere.

Why would a Saudi publish Qur'ans in languages other than Arabic? One does not "translate" the Qur'an into Arabic, the original is in Arabic, and it is a capital offense in Saudi Arabia to present the Qur'an using words other than appear in the original.

If your publishers were doing that, the fatwas would be flying, and they would eventually be shortened by a head. . . Decapitated . . . Brought up Short . . . Denaped . . . given the chop . . . relieved of the top ten pounds of ugly fat . . . dead.

Regards,
Scott
King Fahd Holy Qur'an printing Complex in Al- Madina printed 200 million copy of the Holy Qur'an, and translation of the Holy Qur'an until the year 2005, and distributed 186 million in different of Muslim countries, as well as to the minorities of Muslims around the world. The Complex produces 10 million copy annually. 20 million copy of the Holy Qur'an have been given as presents to pilgrims since the Complex inception.

The meaning of the Holy Qur'an printed in 45 languages, and printing the Holy Qur'an on CD's, which will be issued in the future. The Complex, for the first time will set the meaning of the Holy Qur'an in the signal language, for the chapter of Amma.

The Complex printed an easy interpretation for the Holy Qur'an. 1800 scholars, experts, and employees work in the Complex.

now i am no expert but how do you think they translate Arabic into Chinese and keep the "essence"

The Department of Islamic Affairs

Last edited:

Popeyesays

King Fahd Holy Qur'an printing Complex in Al- Madina printed 200 million copy of the Holy Qur'an, and translation of the Holy Qur'an until the year 2005, and distributed 186 million in different of Muslim countries, as well as to the minorities of Muslims around the world. The Complex produces 10 million copy annually. 20 million copy of the Holy Qur'an have been given as presents to pilgrims since the Complex inception.

The meaning of the Holy Qur'an printed in 45 languages, and printing the Holy Qur'an on CD's, which will be issued in the future. The Complex, for the first time will set the meaning of the Holy Qur'an in the signal language, for the chapter of Amma.

The Complex printed an easy interpretation for the Holy Qur'an. 1800 scholars, experts, and employees work in the Complex.

now i am no expert but how do you think they translate Arabic into Chinese and keep the "essence"

The Department of Islamic Affairs

That's the problem with what you understand, kai.

They are free to print books which offer an INTERPRETATION of the Qur'an.

Why? Because it is not a TRANSLATION of the Qur'an.

If 1800 scholars want to whup up a popular interpretation that is one thing to ALTER the words of the Qur'an is a capital offense in Saudi Arabia.

If they altered words in what they say IS a Qur'an they get chopped.

If they offer a commentary on the Qur'an which interprets something in the Qur'an it is an issue for popular and scholarly debate.

Of course, if enough other Mullahs decide they have overstepped the bounds of faith in how they interpret it, they might be declared kafr, or even wind up chopped after the wheels of Shar'iah have ground the case fine.
An INTERPRETATION is not a translation, it's a commentary and there are thousands of Qur'anic commentary out there-all happily counting angels on the heads of different pins.

Regards,
Scott

Sahar

(my emboldening)

Saudi Arabia has served Islam in many fields and we as Muslims should be thankful.
I don't understand what the problem is with "their own translation", Yusuf Ali's translation is his own translation....anyone is going to translate, it will be his own translation...:shrug:
As for interpretation, there are many schools of Fiqh in the Islamic world, not only the Saudis', that all of them affect the Islamic thinking......I don't actually see any problem.

kai

ragamuffin
Then don't bring it up in this thread at all, kai.

We are responding to your post, after all.

Regards,
Scott

i was only trying to be polite and not clog up someone elses thread.

last word Scott--------go--on you know you want to------

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
This thread has been going for quite some time and probably shows more now than before that everything about Islam is ambiguous just as many religions can be but all that most of the Muslims can say here is rhetoric and quotations from the Quran and that is the worrying thing,bright peoplewith no mind of their own ....sad really.

Popeyesays

This thread has been going for quite some time and probably shows more now than before that everything about Islam is ambiguous just as many religions can be but all that most of the Muslims can say here is rhetoric and quotations from the Quran and that is the worrying thing,bright peoplewith no mind of their own ....sad really.

So, your beef is with religion in general, duly noted.

Regards,
Scott