• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you get from being atheist?

Colt

Of course you do.

Nope. There are plenty of people I disagree with who are able to express themselves without being ****ty to others.
In a world where untruth is normalized just a simple statement of truth is offensive to adherents to untruth. That can be misconstrued as hatred.

In the case if Jesus they hated him without a cause mainly because he spoke truth.

Colt

Is that true? Or is that faith?
Is it true that he said it?

John 15:18-27 NLT​

“If the world hates you, remember that it hated me first. The world would love you as one of its own if you belonged to it, but you are no longer part of the world. I chose you to come out of the world, so it hates you. Do you remember what I told you? ‘A slave is not greater than the master.’ Since they persecuted me, naturally they will persecute you. And if they had listened to me, they would listen to you. They will do all this to you because of me, for they have rejected the one who sent me. They would not be guilty if I had not come and spoken to them. But now they have no excuse for their sin. Anyone who hates me also hates my Father. If I hadn’t done such miraculous signs among them that no one else could do, they would not be guilty. But as it is, they have seen everything I did, yet they still hate me and my Father. This fulfills what is written in their Scriptures: ‘They hated me without cause.’ “But I will send you the Advocate—the Spirit of truth. He will come to you from the Father and will testify all about me. And you must also testify about me because you have been with me from the beginning of my ministry.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Is it true that he said it?

John 15:18-27 NLT​

“If the world hates you, remember that it hated me first. The world would love you as one of its own if you belonged to it, but you are no longer part of the world. I chose you to come out of the world, so it hates you. Do you remember what I told you? ‘A slave is not greater than the master.’ Since they persecuted me, naturally they will persecute you. And if they had listened to me, they would listen to you. They will do all this to you because of me, for they have rejected the one who sent me. They would not be guilty if I had not come and spoken to them. But now they have no excuse for their sin. Anyone who hates me also hates my Father. If I hadn’t done such miraculous signs among them that no one else could do, they would not be guilty. But as it is, they have seen everything I did, yet they still hate me and my Father. This fulfills what is written in their Scriptures: ‘They hated me without cause.’ “But I will send you the Advocate—the Spirit of truth. He will come to you from the Father and will testify all about me. And you must also testify about me because you have been with me from the beginning of my ministry.

Written by a 3rd party and compiled and into the bible some 350 years after the "claimed" death of Jesus. Is it known for fact these are Jesus words? I don't see "best wishes, with love, Jesus" at the foot of any passages claimed to be his words.

Colt

Written by a 3rd party and compiled and into the bible some 350 years after the "claimed" death of Jesus. Is it known for fact these are Jesus words? I don't see "best wishes, with love, Jesus" at the foot of any passages claimed to be his words.
Even if these words were fabricated the claim about how people respond to the teachings and students is still true. Atheists attempts to make Jesus vanish and their disdain for his followers verifies “If the world hates you, remember that it hated me first. The world would love you as one of its own if you belonged to it, but you are no longer part of the world. I chose you to come out of the world, so it hates you."

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Even if these words were fabricated the claim about how people respond to the teachings and students is still true. Atheists attempts to make Jesus vanish and their disdain for his followers verifies “If the world hates you, remember that it hated me first. The world would love you as one of its own if you belonged to it, but you are no longer part of the world. I chose you to come out of the world, so it hates you."
ROTFLMAO

From what I have seen right here on RF it is theists doing much more hating than the atheists...
No need to even mention other forums or even real life...

ChristineM

Premium Member

Moving the goalposts doesn't help your argument.

Please show me any attempt to make Jesus vanish, atheist or not

I know of no atheist who hates Jesus, i know several who dislike the followers of Jesus making crap up to suit their belief while blaming atheism for their insecurities

Colt

ROTFLMAO

From what I have seen right here on RF it is theists doing much more hating than the atheists...
No need to even mention other forums or even real life...
Yea, the Atheists provoke a response by telling faithers that they are "delusional" and have "imaginary friends" based on "fairy tails" then sit back and cry foul on the response! It's a game called "I got you now you SOB!"

Last edited:

Colt

Moving the goalposts doesn't help your argument.

I know of no atheist who hates Jesus, i know several who dislike the followers of Jesus making crap up to suit their belief while blaming atheism for their insecurities
Its a simple truth, no goal posts need to be moved! It applies to all sorts of circumstances in life be they religious or humanistic. If you want to help someone then sometimes you have to tell them the truth artfully or not! But if you want to help yourself then tell people what they want to hear!
Orwell-Universal-Deceit-1024x512.jpg

ChristineM

Premium Member
Its a simple truth, no goal posts need to be moved! It applies to all sorts of circumstances in life be they religious or humanistic. If you want to help someone then sometimes you have to tell them the truth artfully or not! But if you want to help yourself then tell people what they want to hear!

You made a claim then attempted to shift the emphasis to avoid answering my question about your claim, to me that is moving the goalposts.

It is of course what i expect so...

PureX

Veteran Member
Claiming that there is 'no evidence' and therefor no reason to presume that Jesus ever actually existed. That he is just a character in a story and stories are just "make-believe", and so are illegitimate relative to "empirical truth".
I know of no atheist who hates Jesus, i know several who dislike the followers of Jesus making crap up to suit their belief while blaming atheism for their insecurities.
And there is an example of it.

Colt

I await your evidence for this claim.
Take any one of the three claims "delusional" and have "imaginary friends" based on "fairy tails" and do an advanced word search on this forum which can be found at the top right of this page, and you will see my evidence.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Claiming that there is 'no evidence' and therefor no reason to presume that Jesus ever actually existed. That he is just a character in a story and stories are just "make-believe", and so are illegitimate relative to "empirical truth".

This is quite true there is no direct evidence and jesus is a character in a story, however there is circumstantial evidence that Jesus existed, just not as described in the bible.

And there is an example of it.

Again truth and this forum is full of it

ChristineM

Premium Member
Take any one of the three claims "delusional" and have "imaginary friends" based on "fairy tails" and do an advanced word search on this forum which can be found at the top right of this page, and you will see my evidence.

So you xan provide no evidence then thanks