• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you think of Purgatory?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I do, actually..
I believe that Jesus, the Son of Mary, will return at an appointed time (as the Messiah, and not G-d).
He will rid the earth of corruption and disbelief, and bring in a global, 'golden age'.
..but after ~1000 years, future generations will become complacent, and disbelief will return.
..whereas JW's believe that the earth will be 'happily ever after'.
Right, Jesus to return as Messiah but Not in the flesh (John 14:19) and Not as God.
Even the resurrected ascended-to-heaven Jesus still thinks he has a God over him - Revelation 3:12
After the 1000 yrs 'everlasting life will be locked in place' because only the meek will inherit the Earth
Those who prove disbelieving at the end of the thousand years will then be gone forever - Rev. 20:7-9
Yes, Jehovah's Witnesses believe Revelation's Happy Climax that there will be 'healing' for earth's nations - Rev. 22:2

- www.jw.org

muhammad_isa

Right, No one will be run over by a car, etc.
Why? Will the laws of nature change at some point?

Only God is immortal..
..so how can anybody live on 'paradise earth' ? How long will they live for, then?

Those who have that first or earlier resurrection also will be granted immortal life in Heaven..
A contradiction .. you just said that only G-d is immortal. :)

Mortal as Adam was mortal. Mortal Adam could only die if he chose to break God's Law.
No .. we are flesh .. we can bleed out, for example.

A person can Not return to a place he never was before..
..and so where were you before you were born?
..and how do you know?
Most people can't remember. :)

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I do, actually..
I believe that Jesus, the Son of Mary, will return at an appointed time (as the Messiah, and not G-d).

He will rid the earth of corruption and disbelief, and bring in a global, 'golden age'.
..but after ~1000 years, future generations will become complacent, and disbelief will return.

..whereas JW's believe that the earth will be 'happily ever after'.
Okay, sorry. I did run a google check first, and it indicated that Muslims do NOT believe in a 1000 year reign. However, you are also an individual, so if your personal beliefs are different than that, I understand. Thank you for clarifying.

muhammad_isa

Okay, sorry. I did run a google check first, and it indicated that Muslims do NOT believe in a 1000 year reign. However, you are also an individual, so if your personal beliefs are different than that, I understand. Thank you for clarifying.
Well, in a bit more detail..

Jesus' rule is said to be around forty years, after which he will die (since according to Islam, Jesus did not die on the cross but was taken up to heaven and continues to live until his return in the second coming).
Second_Coming - Wikipedia

..and this corresponds with the global, 1000 year reign. It is not necessary for Jesus / Messiah to be alive for the full 1000 years of golden age .. and only G-d knows how long he will live. :)

..and from what I understand, Jesus will be more of a spiritual leader, than worldy ruler/King ..
..as he was the fist time, 2000 years ago.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Why? Will the laws of nature change at some point?
..so how can anybody live on 'paradise earth' ? How long will they live for, then?
A contradiction .. you just said that only G-d is immortal. :)
No .. we are flesh .. we can bleed out, for example.
..and so where were you before you were born?
..and how do you know?
Most people can't remember. :)
Just as Adam could have lived on 'paradise Eden' forever if he listened to God.
Only God is immortal because He is from everlasting - Psalm 90:2
Immortal God granted immortality to resurrected Jesus and to only those who govern with him - Rev. 20:6
Mortal Adam could have bled out but because of originally having human perfection he would not.
Like mortal Adam before he came to life, before we were pro-created we also had No life.
Adam was never an angel before being formed or fashioned from the dust of the ground - Genesis 2:7
People who say they can remember before birth does Not mean they really remember.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Well, in a bit more detail..
Jesus' rule is said to be around forty years, after which he will die (since according to Islam, Jesus did not die on the cross but was taken up to heaven and continues to live until his return in the second coming)..............................
..and this corresponds with the global, 1000 year reign. It is not necessary for Jesus / Messiah to be alive for the full 1000 years of golden age .. and only G-d knows how long he will live. :)
..and from what I understand, Jesus will be more of a spiritual leader, than worldy ruler/King ..
..as he was the fist time, 2000 years ago.
The immortal are death proof. Can't die. God granted immortality to Jesus according to John 5:26
So, 'yes' Jesus will be alive for the full 1000 years.
Jesus as King of God's Kingdom is both a spiritual leader and ruling governing King - Matt. 25:34 A - the King is Jesus.
Resurrected Jesus ascended to Heaven itself - Hebrews 9:24 B - There is No death in Heaven.

This question is addressed to Christians, particularly.:)
I am curious about the other people's stance, though.
So anyone can express their opinion on what Purgatory is.

Purgatory - Wikipedia

You can express your global vision on soteriology, as well. I would appreciate it, if you did.
Thank you in advance.
It's an absolutely silly catholic invention. I wonder if I will hear something similar to elevator music while I'm waiting in the 'lobby.' How ludicrous!