• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What does God want from you?

JustGeorge

Out of Order
Staff member
Premium Member
Ok. From his entry on Wiki I've just learned the difference in meaning for the word "suspenders" between Americans and Brits. Otherwise, I'd assume Blippi is trans ;)
I had to look it up, too...

Or, he might just be very comfortable in his unusual clothing choices....

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member

***Mod Post***

Thread reopened. Please keep Rule 8 in mind while posting:

8. Preaching/Proselytizing
Creating (or linking to) content intended to convert/recruit others to your religion, spirituality, sect/denomination, or lack thereof is not permitted. Similarly, attempting to convert others away from their religion, spiritual convictions, or sect/denomination will also be considered a form of preaching. Stating opinions as a definitive matter of fact (i.e., without "I believe/feel/think" language, and/or without references) may be moderated as preaching.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
OK. God creates the universe and God creates you. What does God want from you?

If you are an atheist, speculate. If God really exists and creates the universe and God creates you. What does God want from you?

Before you just give a quick answer, consider a Being capable of creating the universe and you has to be very very smart. Consider High Intellect with your answers. Make God's answer High Intellect.
Although I'm an atheist, I am not going to speculate.

What I will say is this: God isn't saying -- not so anybody can really demonstrate -- so what are we left with? We're left with people -- you know, other humans -- telling you that they know what God wants from you. But why should they know any better than you do? Again, you cannot demonstrate any reason to suppose that.

So what am I left with? I'm left with supposing that if somebody tells you what God wants from you -- that person is trying to exercise personal power over you. And that is all. And if you let him, well, that's your look-out.

Bird123

Although I'm an atheist, I am not going to speculate.

What I will say is this: God isn't saying -- not so anybody can really demonstrate -- so what are we left with? We're left with people -- you know, other humans -- telling you that they know what God wants from you. But why should they know any better than you do? Again, you cannot demonstrate any reason to suppose that.

So what am I left with? I'm left with supposing that if somebody tells you what God wants from you -- that person is trying to exercise personal power over you. And that is all. And if you let him, well, that's your look-out.
You make a very good point. I know mankind is a controlling lot. Controlling is one of those petty things mankind holds so dear. So many people have not realized that controlling will not bring the best results.

Everyone is not controlling. Some have learned controlling will not bring the best results.

In a multilevel classroom. everyone is at a different level of understanding. Our choices and actions show God and the world what we know and what we need to learn. Being children of God, all God's children are equal. Condemning is also one of the petty things mankind holds so dear. Condemning also will not bring the best results.

In a multilevel classroom, one will see others making choices one could never do. That is because they have not learned that lesson yet. Is this a reason to hate or condemn? No!! This is an opportunity to share knowledge. Learning is through interaction.

With all this in mind, there is no wrong answer to what does God want from you. In reality, God created the universe for us, God's children. God is Unconditional Love. For God, it has never ever been about God. It's about Us all, God's children. Any beliefs about God doesn't matter because it has never ever been about beliefs.

That's what I see. It's very clear!!

Thanks for sharing a view I had not considered.

We Never Know

No Slack

If you are an atheist, speculate. If God really exists and creates the universe and God creates you. What does God want from you?

Before you just give a quick answer, consider a Being capable of creating the universe and you has to be very very smart. Consider High Intellect with your answers. Make God's answer High Intellect.
Not as much as the repubs and dems lol

muhammad_isa

Why not? Surely the one god you worship created everything including the bad. If not, then where did it and all other diseases come from. That is one question I'd ask
Right .. G-d created humans .. we are the ones who are responsible for climate change
and pollution.

Yes .. one might say that G-d created humans, so He shouldn't have given us the
free-will to be selfish etc, but the denial of reality gets us nowhere.
It is a ruse to get out of our own responsibilities, imo.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Right .. G-d created humans .. we are the ones who are responsible for climate change
and pollution.

Yes .. one might say that G-d created humans, so He shouldn't have given us the
free-will to be selfish etc, but the denial of reality gets us nowhere.
It is a ruse to get out of our own responsibilities, imo.

Why is the creator not responsible for his creation? Almost anything you buy has to be fit for purpose.

So not an omni god then?

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.

It doesn't matter to me what God wants from me, assuming he exists. If there are gods, I don't need or desire anything from them, and I doubt I'd care if a god or gods sought something from me. I don't need or want one in my life, and I don't rely on any gods to help me, guide me, or give my life meaning.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member

Nothing, most likely. I'd probably just be an ant.

If God really exists and creates the universe and God creates you. What does God want from you?

Nothing, I guess.

Okay. Um. Well. "Nothing." is my answer.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Why is the creator not responsible for his creation? Almost anything you buy has to be fit for purpose.

So not an omni god then?

According to the creation story in the Bible, a newly created woman and man ate a bite of a forbidden fruit from a tree of life after the woman fell for a talking serpent's deception. Evidently, their disobedience completely messed up an all-knowing, all-powerful God's creation, who then cursed the rest of humanity with a sinful nature in response to their disobedience against him. And this all-knowing, all-powerful God decided that he'd brutally torture and crucify his son on a cross as a blood sacrifice to redeem humanity. Wouldn't an all-knowing, all-powerful God foresee his creation's moral degradation?

ppp

According to the creation story in the Bible, a newly created woman and man ate a bite of a forbidden fruit from a tree of life after the woman fell for a talking serpent's deception. Evidently, their disobedience completely messed up an all-knowing, all-powerful God's creation, who then cursed the rest of humanity with a sinful nature in response to their disobedience against him. And this all-knowing, all-powerful God decided that he'd brutally torture and crucify his son on a cross as a blood sacrifice to redeem humanity. Wouldn't an all-knowing, all-powerful God foresee his creation's moral degradation?
Of course, the serpent told the truth. And the god lied.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

So obviously not an omni god but one who deliberately creates faulty things. Im glad I'm out ;-)