• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What does it take to get to Heaven?

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I could never accept the idea of worshiping a human as a god.
So it sort of sounds like the physical form a deity has is the determining factor for you. If you could conceivably accept the idea of worshipping a god at all, what form would your deity have to have to be potentially worth worshipping?

averageJOE

zombie
So it sort of sounds like the physical form a deity has is the determining factor for you. If you could conceivably accept the idea of worshipping a god at all, what form would your deity have to have to be potentially worth worshipping?
Assuming any type of deity exists, I don't think said deity would require any type of worship.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Assuming any type of deity exists, I don't think said deity would require any type of worship.
Okay, so it's not really a matter of "worshipping a human as a god." It's a matter of "worshipping anyone or anything." Would that be an accurate way of putting it?

averageJOE

zombie
Okay, so it's not really a matter of "worshipping a human as a god." It's a matter of "worshipping anyone or anything." Would that be an accurate way of putting it?

I could say that's pretty accurate. I will not, however, look at a human as some sort of god figure.

Muffled

Jesus in me
The idea that only those from a particular dogma of Christianity will get to heaven, if there is such a place, seems like a complete nonsense to me and not in the least bit credible.

That depends on whether the dogma is correct.

If you have a dogma that says you can get to Heaven in a leaky rowboat, your dogma is useless.

It would appear obvious to me that a person could never get to a place he didn't believe exists.

All beliefs have a basis. Christians believe there is a Heaven because God says so. I find God much more credible than man.

Muffled

Jesus in me
>What does it take to get to Heaven?

It takes NOTHING WHATEVER if one adopts the proper attitude, given that Heaven and hell exist here and now as well as after death!

Peace,

Bruce

If your concept of Heaven is not a Godly concept there is zero chance that you will ever get there. According to your definition you are there already but according to God's definition you are not.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I don't believe in heaven.
If there was one, I would only want to be there for doing good deeds, not having blind faith.

What is the basis of your belief?

You obviously have a Heaven as a reward concept. Goodness is its own reward. Anytime I can get something good for free, I am all for it. I pity the person who feels they need to work hard to achieve what is for free. You will never find me praying my way up the steps of the vatican on my knees.

BruceDLimber

If your concept of Heaven is not a Godly concept there is zero chance that you will ever get there. According to your definition you are there already but according to God's definition you are not.

And WHO EXACTLY said this is not a Godly concept?????!!!

It comes directly from the teachings of the Baha'i Faith, which I can assure you is very, VERY Godly!

And it also matches exactly the teachings of at least some branches of Christianity, please note.

So you presume far too much, methinks! :-(

Bruce

waitasec

Veteran Member

matthew 25:31-46 is doesn't seem to say that.
consider
luke 6:37 “Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned.

46 “Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say? 47 As for everyone who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice, I will show you what they are like.

49 But the one who hears my words and does not put them into practice is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. The moment the torrent struck that house, it collapsed and its destruction was complete.”

me thinks you are full of yourself, it's just a guess.