• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What does your religion give you a feeling of?

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
I am a mix of Christian, and eastern beliefs.

What does my religion give me ? Something to aim for; the vain hope that I would behave as I believe Jesus Christ would want me to (though I know I have, and I will, fail miserably).

I follow a now extinct faith-based religion called Simonianism, branded as "Gnostic" by the Roman church fathers. It was founded by Simon Magus near the beginning of the 1st century, declaring himself to be the virgin-born incarnation of the unknown heavenly Father, sent to reveal salvation to all who seek Him.

My religion gives me:

#1 a sense of pride, I am proud to say I follow a personal Savior who many truelly felt was God, I long to experience what his followers did, it gives me peace and a feeling of spiritual longing, a close loving affection with the Divine.

#2 It gives me a feeling of importance, I feel good about my beliefs because I can preserve and tell others about an ancient long-lost religious movement that was so interesting and similar to Christianity. It makes one truelly wonder about those distant times.

#3 Seeking. I am always seeking the mysteries of God and I remain open to all understanding of the Divine, even if it be not my own.

I'm grounded in my Christian faith. It's who I am. I personally have a hard time with the question: what does it give me? The answer is: everything. I believe that all I am and all I have is granted by God. Even the parts of myself and my life that I would like to change.....my flaws, character defects, etc. are all by used by Him for His glory. I fully believe and trust that because I have seen it happen time and time again. God will take a situation in my life that seems totally hopeless or useless in my eyes, and turn it into something previously unimaginable to me. It may take months or even years to witness, but everything will ultimately be used for His glory.

Snowbear

Nita Okhata
Religion itself gives me nothing.
God gives me:
- the Peace that surpasses all understanding
- the Hope that comes from the assurance of Salvation.

ayani

my religion also inspires me a good deal- it inspires me to make sacrificfes for others, to be more mindful / considerate, and to step back and chill instead of getting (really, really) angry.

its also inspired me to take up writing again, to read more about other faiths, and give up some unhealthy habits.