• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What does your religion give you a feeling of?

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
I am a Unitarian Universalist

Hope, acceptance, love, compassion, equality, purpose, justice, responsibility, community, family... just to name a few.

Mr. Hair

Renegade Cavalcade
If I had to put it into words, I guess I'd say greater awareness and perspective. To be able to slow down and really see something for a second, be it my own thoughts or a tree, is a fascinating experience. There are other things, but I feel that everything else has arisen from this. :yes:

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Moved to Comparative Religion so those of us who wish to respond need not fear attack or ridicule for our repsonses. I hope those who would ridicule or attack us will keep this in mind.

Tigress

Working-Class W*nch.
I belong to both Unitarian Universalism and the Religious Society of Friends.

I'd say that my religion gives me a feeling of belonging. i.e. It gives me a community where I might share my ideas, my hopes, my fears, and with people likely to more closely relate.

Elvendon

Mystical Tea Dispenser
I'm a Celtic Christian. My faith offers me happiness, connection to God, my fellow man and the natural world.

eudaimonia

Fellowship of Reason
ProfLogic said:
Specify your religion please.

My philosophical path (Eudaimonism) gives me feelings of self-respect, clarity of understanding, integrity, personal authenticity, wholeness, internal harmony, balance, purpose, honesty, meaning, joy, and happiness.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Melody

I am a believer without affiliation to a specific religion. Peace, sense of balance, purpose, joy, compassion.

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
I am not a member of any religious organization. My faith gives me the feelings of everything you could care to list.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
I'm Pentecostal. My church family feels like home.

As a Christian...with Christ...I feel like I've found home.

BruceDLimber

Greetings!

>What does your religion give you a feeling of?

In addition to such things as clear purpose and joy, the word that comes to mind most prominently is "certitude!"

Best,

Bruce