• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What does your religion give you a feeling of?

arthra

Baha'i
My religion gives me a feeling of solidarity with the other believers in other countries and other times and in various circumstances... so unity is one of the impressions I have about being a Baha'i.

- Art

Ophiuchus

[SIZE=+0]Attempting the way of Christ' life gives me a feeling of pride, happiness, excitement, wonder, fulfilment, empowerment, love, responsibility, clarity, understanding, confidence, relaxation, peace, truth, sensitivity, restraint, meekness, humility, morality, productivity, divinity, compassion, and spirituality.[/SIZE]

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
My religion, as you know, is a pretty big 'mix' but is more Christian (in some aspects); what feeling does it give me ? One of being 'whole' of 'belonging', and all the facets of being part of the whole.

:eek:m: I am a hindu that belongs to the vaisnava position in that i belive Krsna to be the supreme being Vishnu incarnate "purna avatara" the complete one as it were manifested in human form for the upliftment of mankind, my faith gives me a feeling of peace contentment and bliss.:eek:m:

ayani

my religious practice helps me to be patient, compassionate, grateful for little things and big things, prayerful, and (hopefully!) humble as well.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
The assurance of life after death, and comfort that God knows and loves me personally.

Scarlett Wampus

psychonaut
Quasi-Taoist

Feelings that have generally arisen in response to Taoisting: mystery, embarrassment, peace, confusion, doubt, awe, loneliness, meaninglessness, ecstasy, fascination, guilt, desolation, longing, sadness, bliss, empathy, shock, tenderness.

Quite a mixed bag, but you know, these things come and go as they should. That is what I find so remarkable; that from the very beginning there was nothing but Tao, and yet all this! :)

Christian:
Inner strength, calmness, fearlessness and sense of freedom from the yukky material ways of the world -
"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of selfdiscipline" (2 Tim 1:7)