• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What evidence for God

Orias

Left Hand Path
Would you be so kind as to point out what evidence has been presented for god in this thread?
Not rationalizations.
Not justifications.
But evidence.

How can I provide evidence without rationalizing and justifying what the evidence is?

Do you know what evidence to look for? Does anyone?

Some just see it everywhere, even if it is irrelevant to what others are searching for.

Wheres the evidence?

It crawls within your veins, it shouts at the back of your mind, it shows you when you sleep.

It's everywhere, it's nature. That's my evidence, now if you would be as so composed to deny that as evidence, then I would say that no one looks for evidence, just excuses to deny a perceptive proposition.

Yes it is perception, and if this is so, evidence need not exist, nor does denial, for it just is.

I could provide more, but unfortunately the last couple of pages of this thread have been infested with atheists alike, and I have little time in school to go out of my way to restate something that people seem to dismiss without acknowledging it.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
How can I provide evidence without rationalizing and justifying what the evidence is?

Some just see it everywhere, even if it is irrelevant to what others are searching for.

Wheres the evidence?

It crawls within your veins, it shouts at the back of your mind, it shows you when you sleep.

It's everywhere, it's nature. That's my evidence, now if you would be as so composed to deny that as evidence, then I would say that no one looks for evidence, just excuses to deny a perceptive proposition.

Yes it is perception, and if this is so, evidence need not exist, nor does denial, for it just is.

I could provide more, but unfortunately the last couple of pages of this thread have been infested with atheists alike, and I have little time in school to go out of my way to restate something that people seem to dismiss without acknowledging it.

Thank you for confirming my point.

atanu

Premium Member

It is a valid question Orias.

All rational knowledge essentially proceeds from a hypothetical ground. The efficacy is tested by its ability to predict.

Existence is characterised by Intelligence or its apparent absence: else this discussion and various assertions would not have been possible.

Existence is also characterised by bliss (as in sexual bliss or sleep) or its apparent absence.

So, I, following Veda school, characterise God as that General Principle, which is unborn but is manifest in its particulars characterized by Existence-Intelligence-Bliss.

Any one while denying Theism, using intelligent logic or science, however cannot deny one's existence and intelligence. Bliss is hidden because of petty desires and ignorance of the underlying General principle. Absence of bliss under certain circumstances, is however, a proof of bliss.

niksbhasin

ACCORDING TO ME THERE IS no god its just the imagination of the history people,and if there is any god then he is of no use unless to spoil life.I think if there is any god then he is the only one to spoil my life.I trusted god form my childhood and believe in him but from the last 6 yrs i am the strong supporter of god and worship him from the bottom of my heart but now i am not well and i think its because of him.never trust god or make any decision in his name or at the end you'll suffer.its fake just do good work and you''ll be happy all life.believing god is only suffering and sorrowful.nobody get cured from believing god so whats the point of believing god.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
ACCORDING TO ME THERE IS no god its just the imagination of the history people,and if there is any god then he is of no use unless to spoil life.I think if there is any god then he is the only one to spoil my life.I trusted god form my childhood and believe in him but from the last 6 yrs i am the strong supporter of god and worship him from the bottom of my heart but now i am not well and i think its because of him.never trust god or make any decision in his name or at the end you'll suffer.its fake just do good work and you''ll be happy all life.believing god is only suffering and sorrowful.nobody get cured from believing god so whats the point of believing god.
Interesting how you do not take responsibility for yourself.

Simple, what evidence is there of there being a god, a higher being, or any of the like?

Brother, just a counter question "What evidence does you have to prove that there is Not GOD" Nothing.

If you need evidence , ask your heart.

Brother, for a while just keep yourself (mind totally blank) blank for everything you read in any scriptures or any beliveve you have.

Now, ask your heart , who created you , who created this universe, who created all those things in such a perfect manner and ask your heart the answers. Your heart will tell you the answer

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Brother, just a counter question "What evidence does you have to prove that there is Not GOD" Nothing.
What evidence do you have that fairies do not exist?
Bigfoot?
Unicorns?
Leprechauns?

Is it your position that unless god is proven to not exist that by some sort of default god has to exist?

Brother, for a while just keep yourself (mind totally blank) blank for everything you read in any scriptures or any beliveve you have.
Appeals to emotion are not evidence.
At best they are rationalizations.

[youtube]FKEnNPLqPgc[/youtube]
YouTube - Debarge - The Heart Is Not So Smart

Now, ask your heart , who created you , who created this universe, who created all those things in such a perfect manner and ask your heart the answers. Your heart will tell you the answer
Why would you assume that these things were created?

nonbeliever_92

And how would I go about proving the non-existence of something?

I would except my heart speaks Cantonese.

Blank? as in don't think. wait, what?

It is an assumption that things were created.

ecman51`

Simple, what evidence is there of there being a god, a higher being, or any of the like?

Simple, what evidence is there of not being a god, a higher being, or any of the like?

I know, you will use that worn out argument that the evidence must be made by the person making a some unvalidated claim. (Since I am also a member of an educational skeptics forum, and have seen this counter argument put forth one too many times) That being said, state your claim why the existence of a God, which tidily explains how everything came into existence, is not the valid claim, and the belief it came into being on it's own accord, is the valid claim.

Commoner

Headache
Simple, what evidence is there of not being a god, a higher being, or any of the like?

I know, you will use that worn out argument that the evidence must be made by the person making a some unvalidated claim. (Since I am also a member of an educational skeptics forum, and have seen this counter argument put forth one too many times) That being said, state your claim why the existence of a God, which tidily explains how everything came into existence, is not the valid claim, and the belief it came into being on it's own accord, is the valid claim.

God is not a part of existence and/or "everything"?

The Neo Nerd

If you were really as smart as you seem to think you are you would know that no matter how tidy a hypothesis is it still needs to be proven.

And that's what this thread is about.

You've put forward the HoMP. Now all you need to do is present some evidence to back it up.

Don't be shy, go for it.

nonbeliever_92

My claim is that I don't believe in god and I find no reason too. I believe everything that exists has always existed, but obviously not in its current form.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Seems to me the biggest piece of evidence is the fact that Believers cannot produce anything that convinces those outside their choir.

I know, you will use that worn out argument that the evidence must be made by the person making a some unvalidated claim.
Actually, it is not an argument.
it is merely an insistence in actually following the rules.
One would think theists would be all about following rules...:rolleyes:

(Since I am also a member of an educational skeptics forum, and have seen this counter argument put forth one too many times)
If your argument that god exists is so weak that you have to turn the tides and claim that what you believe is true until it is proven false, I most sincerely hope that you do not believe that uncle sam is the son of a green martian who married a pig.
Cause really now, how would that be proven false?
Especially to someone (and I am not saying that you are one) who refuses to accept that their beliefs are just that, beliefs.
I mean, they have obviously failed to show that their god exists, thus the reason for the onus change, right?

which tidily explains how everything came into existence,
Wow.
Your idea of tidy and mine must be completely different.
I will refrain from the obvious implications of ignorance here.

is not the valid claim,
Oh that's simple.
See if you cannot even show that god exists, how can you expect anyone to accept that he did something?

and the belief it came into being on it's own accord, is the valid claim.
Though this claim you present is chock full of personification, it is the one claim from your false dilemma that has evidence.

Ben Masada

What evidence for God? I have two: The first is the universe. The second is Mark Twain's answer to this same question which was put to him, and the answer was, The Jews. If it were not for us, Mankind would still be in the cave worshiping the stone and the fire, or perhaps a block of wood in the shape of a demon.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
If the universe exists, what created the universe? If you choose that it randomly just created, you are in a contradiction.

To satisfy the logic necessarily something eternal exists by its own nature, if that isn't posited, you lead into contradiction, because nothing (prior to big bang) cannot create something (big bang).

Then how did GOD begin?