• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What evidence for God

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Does anyone get what he's saying?

I get the impression that he is impressed with his own mystic speak.
No, I have no idea what he is trying to say.
It seems he is intentionally leaving everything he says wide open.

Most likely so that he has plenty of room to back peddle by claiming that what he said is not what he meant to say.

atanu

Premium Member

Most likely so that he has plenty of room to back peddle by claiming that what he said is not what he meant to say.

Hello Mestemia

What is that word?

Is there any reason why I have to back pedal by saying you are the creator of the thread that I am replying to?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
What is that word?
Peddle \Ped"dle\
To sell from place to place; to retail by carrying around
from customer to customer; to hawk; hence, to retail in very
small quantities; as, to peddle vegetables or tinware.
[1913 Webster]​
Given what I have already stated, peddle seems much more accurate than pedal.
Wouldn't you agree?

Is there any reason why I have to back pedal by saying you are the creator of the thread that I am replying to?
Yes there is.
See, I did not start this thread...

atanu

Premium Member
Peddle \Ped"dle\
To sell from place to place; to retail by carrying around
from customer to customer; to hawk; hence, to retail in very
small quantities; as, to peddle vegetables or tinware.
[1913 Webster]
Given what I have already stated, peddle seems much more accurate than pedal.
Wouldn't you agree?

Haha. But I do not peddle. I do not know about you.

Yes there is.
See, I did not start this thread...

Oh sh.. You got me there. You created the post though. ...and you co-created the thread.

The Neo Nerd

Yeah that was my thought but i was too polite to say it :p

The Neo Nerd

Yes. You are the creator, there is no need to look for a creator sky-daddy-god. :) You need to show us your evidence if you think such a creator "god" might exist?

I am a creator, i created a fairly decent meal tonight.

But as far as "THE" creator, well i think i'm pretty awesome but even my ego isn't that big.

-Q

nonbeliever_92

If the universe exists, what created the universe? If you choose that it randomly just created, you are in a contradiction.

To satisfy the logic necessarily something eternal exists by its own nature, if that isn't posited, you lead into contradiction, because nothing (prior to big bang) cannot create something (big bang).

You presuppose three things:

1) That the universe was created.

2) That it requires a creator.

3) That your creator requires no creator for him/her/itself if everything requires a creator.

Also the big bang is not said to be the beginning of the univers, it's said to be the beginning the universe in it's current form.

Ben Masada

Once Mark Twain was asked this very same question. What evidence he could present for the existence of God. He answered and said: The Jews. No wonder Prophet Ezekiel declared in a vision that by means of Israel God reveals Himself in the sight of the nations. (Ezek. 20:41)

nonbeliever_92

Once this same question was asked by the person to another.

Another Person: For this you have to take bath with me in this sacred river for fifteen minitues,

The Person: Ok, why not its easy, but i cannot swim.

Another person: Don't worry i am with you, am a good swimmer.

When he gone in the river to take bath with him, instantly the another person pulled him where the river was deep enough and pulled him inside the water, now the person started shouting to save his life, but still the another person was pulling him inside.

Finally after some time the person started shouting, O God !!! Please save my Life.

_/\_ Chinu.

This shows nothing in favor, nor against, the existence of a diety.

nonbeliever_92

Reality is objective. Imagination is subjective. Though there are objective representations of imagination (i.e. a piece of art) and subjective represnetations of reality (i.e. your opinion on whether you like a piece of art and your memory of said art) they are not equivalent.