• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What evidence is there that the Koran is the word of God?

A

angellous_evangellous

I don't think that there can be a concincing argument that either the Bible or the Koran is the word of God. Otherwise, your agnostic friends would be trying to convince you of the divine works and not Muslims or Christians.

The claims that the Koran / Bible are of a divine quality are meant for the ears of Muslims/Christians who already believe in God, and not vice-versa.

Agnostic75

angellous evangellous said:
The claims that the Koran / Bible are of a divine quality are meant for the ears of Muslims/Christians who already believe in God, and not vice-versa.

But what arguments do Muslims use to try to convince non-Muslims to become Muslims? The same goes for Christians, but I wish to limit this thread to discussing the Koran.

A

angellous_evangellous

But what arguments do Muslims use to try to convince non-Muslims to become Muslims? The same goes for Christians, but I wish to limit this thread to discussing the Koran.

I gotcha. I mentioned Christianity because it's in the OP.

Agnostic75

angellous_evangellous said:
I gotcha. I mentioned Christianity because it's in the OP.

Yes, that is actually correct, but my intention was to limit discussions to the Koran in this thread. If you wish, I will start a similar thread on the Bible. I doubt that you would favor discussing all religions in a single thread, but if you do, please start a new thread of your own.

Database

I respect all religions
In bible nowhere its written that Bible is free of mistakes
but In Quran on the first page its written That Quran is free of mistakes

This means Quran is a true book of GOD

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
"Because it says so, it must be true"?

break-the-cycle.jpg

Just replace "Bible" with "Quran" and we have the same argument.

mirfan

well just read Quran and find me a single inconsistency also thats what Quran challenges
"Haven't the unbelievers considered if this was from other than Allah, they would find within it many contradictions?" and "If you are in doubt about it, bring a chapter like it."

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
well just read Quran and find me a single inconsistency also thats what Quran challenges
"Haven't the unbelievers considered if this was from other than Allah, they would find within it many contradictions?" and "If you are in doubt about it, bring a chapter like it."
I am of the mind that one Qur'an is quite enough. There is no need to saddle humanity with more drivel.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
In bible nowhere its written that Bible is free of mistakes
but In Quran on the first page its written That Quran is free of mistakes

And there you have it... one cannot argue with such a display of flawless logic.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
"If you are in doubt about it, bring a chapter like it."

We had a thread on this before. It was over 90 pages long or so, at least. The answers we got were ":shrug:" or incredibly narrow definitions that came across as quite illogical.

It's not something that is meant to be taken up, because it can't be. There is nothing to challenge.

Many Muslims justify the Qur'an because a) it corrects the teachings of Christianity, which has driven itself to worship Jesus as an incarnation literally of God... that God would send himself on a suicide mission. b) They will utilise scientific teachings to show that the Qur'an has revealed science long before their respective findings in the scientific community. c) The Qur'an in one sense, is universalistic, because it accepts, unlike Judaism and Christianity, that God has sent Messengers and Prophets in every age, in every culture, of the belief in monotheism, and that anyone who believes in one God, and in the angels, and the Last Day have nothing to grieve.

I actually like the Qur'an, and I do believe that Muhammad was verily a Messenger of God. Not the last one, and certainly not the first!

A-ManESL

I also "believe" that after initial "blind faith" (which I put in inverted commas because I feel that there is certain innate justification in faith and it isn't truly entirely blind) in a religion, without sufficient logical reasoning to back it, in due course of time, there is an eye of the heart which opens up inside a person, and he gets knowledge which proves/establishes the validity of various religious ideas inside him or her. Then the Truth becomes self-evident for that particular person, and there is no need for further evidence.

The Quran speaks on this, in Chapter 49, verse 14, in response to Arab people accepting Islam in large numbers (in the later stage of Prophet Muhammad's(pbuh) life) and then calling themselves as believers.

THE BEDOUIN say, “We have attained to faith.” Say [unto them, O Muhammad]: “You have not [yet] attained to faith; you should [rather] say, ‘We have [outwardly] surrendered’ - for [true] faith has not yet entered your hearts. But if you [truly] pay heed unto God and His Apostle, He will not let the least of your deeds go to waste: for, behold, God is much-forgiving, a dispenser of grace.”-Quran 49:14