• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

what exactly is a messianic jew

tomspug

Absorbant
You shouldn't be puzzled. All of disciples of Christ were Jews. Is that really so hard to understand?

And yes, Judaism is a race. They came from the nation of Israel and were dispersed after the nation dissolved, so OF COURSE they are all over the world. It was only about fifty years ago that Israel became a country again and the Jewish race called for their people to return to it.

Ronald

tell me more about two messiahs and how you can be a jew and a christian at the same time , i am puzzled by this
Christian Jews are "Jews for Jesus" MJ's are of the Way! Paul was a Jew of the way;
Ac 24:14 But this I admit to you, that according to the Way, which they call a sect, I (Paul/of the Way) worship the God of our fathers, believing everything laid down by the law or written in the prophets,
Read a little of your Hebrew Roots literature, the Hebrews are the originators of Messiah Ben Joseph/Suffering servant and the Messiah Ben David/Concurring King.

When Messiah Ben David comes(second coming) he will be as the one with a sword from his mouth and a rod of iron, that everyone will hear and listen to, he will banish all ungodliness from Jaccob/Israel and All of Israel shall be saved.

Hebrews were looking for two messiahs, but the Way sees two comings!
Christians are by and large, Lawless. Not under the Law. The Way, worship the God of our fathers, believing(and doing) everything laid down by the law or written in the prophets,!
A Way of Life. Not a race or religion. Converts too, are Hebrew, Jews are from the tribe of Judah only! How all Hebrews are viewed by anti-semitics, Jews! But not quite right.

Shalom

Ronald

BTW; To be a Jew:
#1. Give up Idol worship
#2. Be circumsized
#3. Bring a sacrifice
#4. Go to a Mikvah

For you to become a Jew,
#1. Give up idol worship
#2. Circumcision of the heart
#3. Bring Yeshua as a sacrifice
#4. Be baptized

You are a Jew! Now take in the sap/wisdom of the Olive tree/Israel and "Smell like an Olive."!

That is easy!

Shalom

kai

ragamuffin
You shouldn't be puzzled. All of disciples of Christ were Jews. Is that really so hard to understand? no thats easy

And yes, Judaism is a race. They came from the nation of Israel and were dispersed after the nation dissolved, so OF COURSE they are all over the world. It was only about fifty years ago that Israel became a country again and the Jewish race called for their people to return to it.
judaism cannot be a race , i can be a jew if i want, any one can ,

Race is a genetic distinction, and refers to people with shared ancestry and shared genetic traits. You can't change your race; it's in your DNA. I could never become black or Asian no matter how much I might want to. Common ancestry is not required to be a Jew. Many Jews worldwide share common ancestry, as shown by genetic research; however, you can be a Jew without sharing this common ancestry, for example, by converting. Thus, although I could never become black or Asian, blacks and Asians have become Jews (Sammy Davis Jr. and Connie Chung).

Ronald

I know those who say they are jews and are not but of the synagouge of satan
And almost everyone knows people who use this verse out of context!

Certainly the one who walked among the Golden Lampstands knows of whom is being spoken of. But are you sure you know?

Shalom