• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What faith would you support banning???

What faith would you suppoort banning?

• Total voters

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
Yes because 2000 years of Catholic exorcists and Demonologist have provided evidence and have spoken that these are dangerous sects and with dangerous practices and messages that spiritually/ and Physically may endanger a person. Just ask Fr Gabriel Amorth, the Top exorcist's of Rome.

Fr. Gabriele Amorth: "The Power of Satan" (part 1)

What dangerous elements do those religions have that other non-Christian religions don't? Aren't all religions other than Christianity of satan and therefore dangerous? Why single out those?

athanasius

What dangerous elements do those religions have that other non-Christian religions don't? Aren't all religions other than Christianity of satan and therefore dangerous? Why single out those?

Because through all these( Scientology and the Alien stuff is a exception) practices and religions we have documentation of many many cases of demonic possession that stem from them and thier imvolvment into the occult. I have friends who were White witches who left the craft and became Catholic because they saw much of this supernatural stuff that sacred them.That is why the Lord God forbade this kind of thing. We have evidence of many satanical priest who come out of Satanism for the same reason. Fr Amorths book is awesome and goes into detail about this. Any exorcist in any diocese will tell you the same. Chicago's Exorcist was just on the radio a few months ago talking about the same thing. The power of the devil is strong but the Power of Christ Church is stronger.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
Because through all these( Scientology and the Alien stuff is a exception) practices and religions we have documentation of many many cases of demonic possession that stem from them and thier imvolvment into the occult. I have friends who were White witches who left the craft and became Catholic because they saw much of this supernatural stuff that sacred them.That is why the Lord God forbade this kind of thing. We have evidence of many satanical priest who come out of Satanism for the same reason. Fr Amorths book is awesome and goes into detail about this. Any exorcist in any diocese will tell you the same. Chicago's Exorcist was just on the radio a few months ago talking about the same thing. The power of the devil is strong but the Power of Christ Church is stronger.

The argument could be made that Christianity drives people to do ridiculous things like murder people and blow up medical clinics. Does that make Christianity a danger to society?

I'm not sure I understand why random cases of supposed demonic possession equates to a danger to ones country, and it makes little sense to use that as an argument in a country that provides freedom to choose ones religion, and in a country that is not run as a theocracy :shrug:

Todd

Rajun Cajun
This is a hot topic, and I would be interested to see if there is any faith that anyone here would support banning?

I would ban some people of all of them, but not all of all of them. I just think each religion has their problem children that go over the top, but not everyone from each religion is deserving of being banned. All I'm trying to say is that there are bad apples in all religions, and there are some good apples in all religions. Ban the bad apples :).

athanasius

The argument could be made that Christianity drives people to do ridiculous things like murder people and blow up medical clinics. Does that make Christianity a danger to society?

I'm not sure I understand why random cases of supposed demonic possession equates to a danger to ones country, and it makes little sense to use that as an argument in a country that provides freedom to choose ones religion, and in a country that is not run as a theocracy :shrug:

If you want to ignore the mountain of evidence for these cases then thats fine. That your business. Receiving communion or praying the rosary never got anyone demonically possessed. But the rituals in satanism, spiritualism, and Witchcraft certainly have and have been documented Some of My own friends who are converts from these groups witnessed this. Almost any Exorcist with experience in the occult can tell you that. And Fr Amworths book greatly displays that.

You may feel free to ignore the truth or dance around it, That is fine thats your opinion.m You have that freedom to speak you r voice. In my free opinion these are the religions that should be banned.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
Just know athanasius, a lot of people probably think the same of Catholicism as you do of those religions you listed.

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
It's difficult (I'd say it cant be done) to track that back to what we believe though (or other faiths). There is nothing in our official proclamations that say "thou shalt blow up medical clinics". It's usually a leap/connection made by the viewer. Very common reaction.

athanasius

Just know athanasius, a lot of people probably think the same of Catholicism as you do of those religions you listed.

Uhh HUh right...... Can others demonstrate by documented evidence that Catholic rituals such as Communion or praying the rosary cause them demonic possession?? We can demonstrate by documented evidence that there has been possession cases that came from occult practices. In my mind there a whole world of difference here. But as i say you may feel free to dissagree with me all you want but you would be wrong. Dead wrong as the evidence dislpay.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
I don't know if I'd call a few hundred people, most with claims that are dubious at best, "overwhelming" evidence of anything. I've been a witch for around 10 years, and known a lot of others from all over the world. If it was so widespread, you'd think I would have encountered someone who was possessed. Hell, I even worked with a group of 50 or so Christians who spent more years than I had as Pagans, and none of them ever claimed to be possessed. So, what gives?

madhatter85

Transhumanist
Since when do you care about other people? I suppose there's a first time for everything.

I still think you're just looking for attention. That's what trolls do.

It's also very amusing to hear you say that you'd like to ban certain religions, and then also complain when Christians tell you that you're not one. Oh the sweet irony of hypocrisy. :)

No hypocrisy, I've always had the same stance and i will never back down from it. Unfortunately this forum is not a "liberal forum" like it claims sometimes. and people get offended at the smallest things. Call me a troll, whatever, This is a radical forum. Learn to deal with radical ideas, I got over the fact long ago that people will try to bring down my religion, It doesn't matter to me. Someone asked a question, I answered it, and then people ask for an explanation, but if i give a ture explanation, people will become upset. so just leave it be. Thanks.:)

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
Uhh HUh right...... Can others demonstrate by documented evidence that Catholic rituals such as Communion or praying the rosary cause them demonic possession?? We can demonstrate by documented evidence that there has been possession cases that came from occult practices. In my mind there a whole world of difference here. But as i say you may feel free to dissagree with me all you want but you would be wrong. Dead wrong as the evidence dislpay.

:) Think what you will, and I'll think what I will.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
It's difficult (I'd say it cant be done) to track that back to what we believe though (or other faiths). There is nothing in our official proclamations that say "thou shalt blow up medical clinics". It's usually a leap/connection made by the viewer. Very common reaction.

There's also no law that if one chooses not to be a Christian they'll automatically be possessed by demons, either.

The point is, he claims it happens to some people, therefore the entire religion should be outlawed. Well, some Christians act like morons and hurt people because they believe their faith tells them to. I think that's just as bad, if not worse, than possession.

Neither reason is a good one to support outlawing a religion (especially when most people in the world enjoy freedom of religion), but the argument was made that one is, so I don't get why making the other argument is not ok?

Booko

Deviled Hen
No hypocrisy, I've always had the same stance and i will never back down from it. Unfortunately this forum is not a "liberal forum" like it claims sometimes. and people get offended at the smallest things. Call me a troll, whatever, This is a radical forum. Learn to deal with radical ideas, I got over the fact long ago that people will try to bring down my religion, It doesn't matter to me. Someone asked a question, I answered it, and then people ask for an explanation, but if i give a ture explanation, people will become upset. so just leave it be. Thanks.:)

Does anyone know how to say "Thank you for your opinion" in Klingon?

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice

I don't mind radical ideas. I just think that if someone proposes a radical idea and chooses not to support it with reasoning, it isn't really so much an idea as it is a ploy to get attention and annoy people on purpose.

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
I don't know if I'd call a few hundred people, most with claims that are dubious at best, "overwhelming" evidence of anything. I've been a witch for around 10 years, and known a lot of others from all over the world. If it was so widespread, you'd think I would have encountered someone who was possessed. Hell, I even worked with a group of 50 or so Christians who spent more years than I had as Pagans, and none of them ever claimed to be possessed. So, what gives?
Your meeting all the nice witches? :p

I've had my share of experiences and stories that relate to such movements and it wasn't until a couple years ago that I started to bump into witches that were completely different from what I was used to. Maybe I was just in the wrong places...:eek:. But it seems that bad (if one wishes to call them that) witches never even mentioned they practiced at all. They don't like exposure too much. But that's just my experience.

athanasius

Not everyone is going to be possessed. But the danger is always there in these religions and their practices. Your only 25 calm down! So you been a witch since your 15. The people I know are twice your age. The "dubious evidence" as you call it is common knowledge to most. That is why the radio shows interview deomonologist and exorcist like Fr Amworth. My case would hold up in court very well with state, local, medical,outside witnessees and church documented evidence. Would yours?

Again you may disagree with me all you want. You would be wrong but thats fine. These are the reasons why I would bann those religions. Period!