• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What if there's no God?

Shia Islam

Quran and Ahlul-Bayt a.s.
Premium Member
Thanks Silver for this nice question,
Indeed our imams [the shia 12 Imams] have responded to this assumption,
In that case [if there's no God] we believer would have lost nothing,
As we have enjoyed this life,
We lived it to the full, in the best possible way of living it; as avoiding sins can only bring good in this life ad the here after...So we enjoyed this life more than the non-believers.

On the other hand if there is God...then the non-believers would be in trouble in the hereafter.

Walkntune

Do you enjoy living such a life?

Well I prefer it over a life of strife? I enjoy being free from the bondage of addictions and living a life in ruts. I enjoy waking up and living in the present instead of dwelling on the past and worrying about the future.
I feel good helping out the homeless and those hurting in rehabs and shelters. Writing music that actually encourages others and lift them up instead of my own selfish intentions.
It is only God in me that does these things for me myself would be selfish and stuck in bondage worrying about my own ego and keeping up with the Jones!

Jeremiah

I always found it ironic that, generally, atheist will more readily contemplate existence with gods right alongside theist but asking theists to contemplate existence without gods is like pulling teeth.

AxisMundi

E Pluribus Unum!!!
I always found it ironic that, generally, atheist will more readily contemplate existence with gods right alongside theist but asking theists to contemplate existence without gods is like pulling teeth.

Or ask most theists to contemplate gods other than their own.

Likely to get some free dental work then. :D