• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What "if" you are wrong

Doesn't matter? :eek: What about all the pain it's caused people?
I think people are what causes pain, not the Bible.
The violence, oppression, suppression? Doesn't matter? Religious and political leaders have used "doesn't matter" for two millennia to oppress and punish, and massacre people. Doesn't matter that something that isn't real has been used in such horrific ways? :eek:
Evil people can use any book to support their evil actions. It is not the fault of the book, if people do evil things.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
She had no weapon, so no need for to kill her, even if you would fear women generally.

Would you take the same position if an armed mob was trying to break into someone's home to attack the people inside?

(And she was armed with a knife, actually. She had a folding tactical knife in her pocket.)

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Last edited:
To all that believe a god does exist and those that believe(or lack belief) a god does not exist.....
What if you are wrong? Will it matter?
This is usually a question asked by those who don't really have a well thought out argument against their opponent. But if I'm wrong about my beliefs I don't think it would matter in the moment, would it?

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't think there is any good reason to call her a traitor.
She fits the definition. She betrayed her country. She attacked it. She participated in a failed attempted self-coup. She stood with Trump against America and its traditions and laws.

But you didn't answer my question. Why do you take her part? What is it you like about who she was and what she did?
She had no weapon
That's both untrue and irrelevant. Those guarding the Capitol (and themselves) from insurrectionists breaching the Capitol had no duty to search them before firing at them.

If Trump calls for you to go invade the Capitol for him again, I suggest that you stay home lest you be shot in the face. As I said before, play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Why do you take this traitor's side?

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
The US is a huge, huge country. It's not "the norm" anywhere in the US.
I have a file called - Only in America - where such things as this (and kids killing kids or adults, etc.) are just so common, and seemingly because of the abundance of weapons in America, and as to 'shoot first, ask questions later' just does seem to happen all too often - which I am sorry to see.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I have a file called - Only in America - where such things as this (and kids killing kids or adults, etc.) are just so common, and seemingly because of the abundance of weapons in America, and as to 'shoot first, ask questions later' just does seem to happen all too often - which I am sorry to see.
I am sorry to see it happening anywhere, as well. It just doesn't happen that often here.

A year or so ago, I had a German friend come visit me in the US. He had two questions - first of all, where were all the African Americans? (He thought we were at least 50 percent African American.) Oh, and secondly, where were all the gunshots happening? We were in the DC area, for the record.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I am sorry to see it happening anywhere, as well. It just doesn't happen that often here.

A year or so ago, I had a German friend come visit me in the US. He had two questions - first of all, where were all the African Americans? (He thought we were at least 50 percent African American.) Oh, and secondly, where were all the gunshots happening? We were in the DC area, for the record.
Well these kind of things will tend to make the news perhaps but the statistics don't lie - as to too many dying from guns in comparison with similar countries. And mostly from the sheer abundance of weapons. The incident in question will likely have happened because weapons were expected by the police and which would not have been the case in so many other countries - and hence no innocent people getting killed. It just seems to happen too often in the USA, but which so many Americans will refuse to see this - preferring the illusion of having a weapon so as to make themselves safe.

Kathryn

Well these kind of things will tend to make the news perhaps but the statistics don't lie - as to too many dying from guns in comparison with similar countries. And mostly from the sheer abundance of weapons. The incident in question will likely have happened because weapons were expected by the police and which would not have been the case in so many other countries - and hence no innocent people getting killed. It just seems to happen too often in the USA, but which so many Americans will refuse to see this - preferring the illusion of having a weapon so as to make themselves safe.
Whatever you say. I don't count on a gun for instance to make myself feel safe.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Whatever you say. I don't count on a gun for instance to make myself feel safe.
Perhaps the view from outside of America is wrong, and not all agree of course, but I think that most in the UK and probably in those countries that have enacted harsh gun control laws would not ever go back to where they were in having so many such weapons available to the general population. I don't like to argue this issue but it is one I firmly believe the USA has it wrong.

Kathryn

Alright. You've made your position very clear. Personally I think it's a bit ridiculous having unarmed police running around everywhere but hey, that's just me.

We Never Know

No Slack
This is usually a question asked by those who don't really have a well thought out argument against their opponent. But if I'm wrong about my beliefs I don't think it would matter in the moment, would it?
Its actually two questions.
1. To the believers
2. To the nonbelievers(lacking belief)

There is no opponent because its not an argument. Its simply seeking thoughts/opinions if they are wrong.