• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What If Your Country Becomes Islamic

dave_

Somehow your government declares islam as your new national religion.You are expected to comply with rules like:

-All kinds of alcohol use is forbidden

-Premarital sex is forbidden

-Women should cover themselves from head to toe

-You cannot talk about and practice anthing not compatible with islam such as athesim , evolution

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Won't happen. Why?
Somehow your government declares islam as your new national religion.You are expected to comply with rules like:

-You cannot talk about and practice anthing not compatible with islam such as athesim , evolution

dave_

Since the 1st Amendment had become void, the 2nd Amendment would see renewed interest. Even former gun control fans would be debating the merits of 5.56 v 7.62.

I know it's not much possible outside of middle east but let's say jihadists took over your country.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Ah.

Do we really, though? Or do certain other religious extremists try to deflect attention?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I know it's not much possible outside of middle east but let's say jihadists took over your country.
I understand that the OP is a "What if?" question. Your scenario would mean loss of free speech & religion. The 2nd Amendment is about the right of armed revolt against such a government, which I'd expect. Btw, I'd go with 7.62 for its greater range & stopping power.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Gee, I would kill my self!

Wait, my country is already Islamic... okay I take that back, I wouldn't kill myself :D

On the serious side tho, I happen to be glad alcohol is forbidden here. Nothing special, just my thought. And another serious note, I'm really sad that my country applies Islam the wrong way in so many things :(. Women should not be forced to cover up all black by the law or not allowed to drive with religious excuses.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
I understand that the OP is a "What if?" question. Your scenario would mean loss of free speech & religion. The 2nd Amendment is about the right of armed revolt against such a government, which I'd expect. Btw, I'd go with 7.62 for its greater range & stopping power.

Plus, unless I am mistaken, the 7.62 would fit more weapons that may be lying around during a skirmish.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Plus, unless I am mistaken, the 7.62 would fit more weapons that may be lying around during a skirmish.
Yeah, & there are potentially dangerous interchangeability issues with 5.56, 223 & 222. I'd want an M1A Supermatch with the latest Springfield sniper scope. Then gimme some match grade HPBT ammo, a little bacon, & I'll be sit'n pretty when they come to take me Cointreau or make Mrs Revolt wear a burka.

dave_

Gee, I would kill my self!

Wait, my country is already Islamic... okay I take that back, I wouldn't kill myself :D

On the serious side tho, I happen to be glad alcohol is forbidden here. Nothing special, just my thought. And another serious note, I'm really sad that my country applies Islam the wrong way in so many things :(. Women should not be forced to cover up all black by the law or not allowed to drive with religious excuses.

It's not only your country , it's in every islamic country.I mean women covering in black , sit at home for all their life.

Last edited:

Pastek

Sunni muslim

Yet you can find alcohol in many muslim countries, in reality it's forbidden in few countries.

Women should cover themselves from head to toe

In reality few muslim countries oblige them to do it.

You probably have never travelled in a muslim country.
Don't think they all look like Afghanistan or Saudi Arabia.

DayRaven

Beyond the wall
I would't be best pleased. I recognise that the reason I can stay in bed tomorrow morning instead of sitting in church is because in England our state religion is largely neutered and Christianity has been more a background presence since the strife of the 17th century: a moral guide but not enforcer, which you are free to take or leave. I wouldn't imagine Islamic rule would be as tolerant.

Woodrow LI

IB Ambassador

That would not be Islamic.

In order for a nation to be Islamic, the majority of the population would have to be Muslim.

Now the reality is if any group tried to instill laws the majority of the population refuses to accept all gee-habbers will break out. It would require a national militia larger and better armed then the civilian population to maintain control.

On a very small scale look at what is happening in Ferguson MO over the Grand Jury not inditing the Police officer while the populace believed they should have.

People will take matters into their own hands when a government makes a ruling the people do not want.

dave_

In order for a nation to be Islamic, the majority of the population would have to be Muslim.

Now the reality is if any group tried to instill laws the majority of the population refuses to accept all gee-habbers will break out. It would require a national militia larger and better armed then the civilian population to maintain control.

On a very small scale look at what is happening in Ferguson MO over the Grand Jury not inditing the Police officer while the populace believed they should have.

People will take matters into their own hands when a government makes a ruling the people do not want.

It's a process.After some executions the majority will be muslim.Young boys will be taken apart from their families and trained as jihadists.You know , islam is spread this way , i mean by sword.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member

That would be part of the proverbial silver lining.

Just would not happen. Not here. I would expect major social conflict.

I very much doubt it. Cultural tradition is simply too opposed to such behavior.

That, unfortunately, is very nearly a reality already.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member

I would get myself a t-shirt with a picture of Mohammad on it and go from door to door passing out anti-Islamic tracts.

MD

qualiaphile

I think in a few generations many countries in the West will have a Muslim majority. However I think any sort of Islam in the West will have undergone a reformation/change by then and be a lot more 'European' than say Salafi.