• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What If Your Country Becomes Islamic

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It's a process.After some executions the majority will be muslim.Young boys will be taken apart from their families and trained as jihadists.You know , islam is spread this way , i mean by sword.
Some posters have trouble accepting the premise of a hypothetical situation. Let's give'm some plausible scenario for it coming about:
Obama invades Iran (at the behest of Israel), & Iran wins. They take responsibility for Americastan's recovery by installing a new & improved government.

Woodrow LI

IB Ambassador
It's a process.After some executions the majority will be muslim.Young boys will be taken apart from their families and trained as jihadists.You know , islam is spread this way , i mean by sword.

Yet even after the Conquest of Spain the majority remained Roman Catholic, After the Conquest of India the majority remained Hindu. The largest Muslim Nation (Indonesia) was never occupied by any Muslim forces.

MD

qualiaphile
Some posters have trouble accepting the premise of a hypothetical situation. Let's give'm some plausible scenario for it coming about:
Obama invades Iran (at the behest of Israel), & Iran wins. They take responsibility for Americastan's recovery by installing a new & improved government.

A much more plausible scenario is that Western Europe becomes majority Muslim due to higher birth rates and conversions over the 21st century.

Jumi

Don't know but if it seemed bad, I'd do the same thing any group of people have done in history when faced with forced conversion. Move to the countryside away from the eyes of the priests or leave the country.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Somehow your government declares islam as your new national religion.You are expected to comply with rules like:

-All kinds of alcohol use is forbidden

-Premarital sex is forbidden

-Women should cover themselves from head to toe

-You cannot talk about and practice anthing not compatible with islam such as athesim , evolution

Sorry but these are false assumptions about Islamic laws. I hope you are not getting your information about Islam from ISIS wiki, if there is any.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Sorry but these are false assumptions about Islamic laws. I hope you are not getting your information about Islam from ISIS wiki, if there is one.
Some Muslims do believe such things though. (A local Muslim family I know stopped selling alcohol in their store for this reason.) The OP proposes a particular flavor of Islam, even if other Muslims think it unislamic.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Sorry but these are false assumptions about Islamic laws. I hope you are not getting your information about Islam from ISIS wiki, if there is any.
Though that is true, TashaN, Islam is hardly good news for the average non-Muslim.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Some Muslims do believe such things though. (A local Muslim family I know stopped selling alcohol in their store for this reason.) The OP proposes a particular flavor of Islam, even if other Muslims think it unislamic.

Yeah, but the thing is, it is NOT islamic on the first place. Is lynching blacks a particular flavor of Christianity?

While it's true that Muslims shouldn't sell or consume alcohol because it's against their religious beliefs but non-Muslims are free to sell it and drink it even within an islamic state. The same can be said about almost anything else which is practiced by non-Muslims like food, drinks, religious practices, etc.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
It's not only your country , it's in every islamic country.I mean women covering in black , sit at home for all their life.

Oh, you probably mean strict Muslim countries by "Islamic"? As far as I know, Malaysia, Morocco, Emirates and some other countries are Muslim countries too yet women are allowed to drive and walk out uncovered. Actually even here in Saudi Arabia, the most strict Muslim country as I believe, women do go out of their homes no problems. But I get your point tho. If it exists, it is enough to talk about, I understand. It is indeed a sad thing :(

I personally recommend that you visit Dubai. It is in a Muslim country, but I believe going there will clear so much stereotypes and misunderstanding of Muslim countries.

If it is not so much trouble asking this; how old are you? Please ignore this question if it bothers you.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Though that is true, TashaN, Islam is hardly good news for the average non-Muslim.

I'm aware of that, and i don't blame them so you know, but this is a religious forum and i think it's fair to discuss what is true of any particular religion and what is not despite the image people have of it.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I'm aware of that, and i don't blame them so you know, but this is a religious forum and i think it's fair to discuss what is true of any particular religion and what is not despite the image people have of it.
I do agree that there is more than enough to criticize about Islam without inventing stuff. :)

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I do agree that there is more than enough to criticize about Islam without inventing stuff. :)

lol. I agree with you. Maybe we should start a thread about the real stuff which need to be criticized.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yeah, but the thing is, it is NOT islamic on the first place. Is lynching blacks a particular flavor of Christianity?
I know Muslims who oppose alcohol for religious reasons. I don't know anyone, Xian or otherwise, who believes in lynching for any reason.
While it's true that Muslims shouldn't sell or consume alcohol because it's against their religious beliefs but non-Muslims are free to sell it and drink it even within an islamic state. The same can be said about almost anything else which is practiced by non-Muslims like food, drinks, religious practices, etc.
The OP is proposing a particular hypothetical. It isn't realistic in any way, but I take it as he offered it.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
It's not only your country , it's in every islamic country.I mean women covering in black , sit at home for all their life.

That's incorrect. Egypt technically counts as Islamic because of the second article of its constitution, but women aren't forced to cover themselves in black or sit at home. In fact, I recall reading a statistic that said women outnumbered men at educational institutions, especially universities.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Oh, you probably mean strict Muslim countries by "Islamic"? As far as I know, Malaysia, Morocco, Emirates and some other countries are Muslim countries too yet women are allowed to drive and walk out uncovered. Actually even here in Saudi Arabia, the most strict Muslim country as I believe, women do go out of their homes no problems. But I get your point tho. If it exists, it is enough to talk about, I understand. It is indeed a sad thing :(

I personally recommend that you visit Dubai. It is in a Muslim country, but I believe going there will clear so much stereotypes and misunderstanding of Muslim countries.

If it is not so much trouble asking this; how old are you? Please ignore this question if it bothers you.

Dubai is hardly the beacon of Islamic enlightenment some claim it is. Premarital sex can get you jailed there, and "practicing homosexuality" is a crime. It also has blasphemy laws like other Muslim-majority countries.

Thana

Lady
That's incorrect. Egypt technically counts as Islamic because of the second article of its constitution, but women aren't forced to cover themselves in black or sit at home. In fact, I recall reading a statistic that said women outnumbered men in educational institutions, especially universities.

Except 91% of married Egyptian women undergo FGM so you know.... not the greatest example...

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Except 91% of married Egyptian women undergo FGM so you know.... not the greatest example...

I was addressing a particular blanket statement about Islamic countries; I do think there are huge problems that women face in Egypt, as is the case in other Islamic countries. Being forced to cover in black or sit at home isn't one of them, though (in Egypt's case)--at least not for the majority.

I'm not sure about the exact percentage of women who undergo FGM in Egypt, but the practice is widely accepted in certain parts of the country (especially non-urban parts). It's pretty unfortunate that such a disgustingly misogynistic practice still persists so much.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I know Muslims who oppose alcohol for religious reasons. I don't know anyone, Xian or otherwise, who believes in lynching for any reason.

The OP is proposing a particular hypothetical. It isn't realistic in any way, but I take it as he offered it.

Well, many people here might think they are real islamic laws imposed on non-Muslims. The OP as i understand was taking these laws as facts, and only propose a hypothesis about Islamic laws being the laws of the land.