• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What If Your Country Becomes Islamic

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I would like to see Australia and UK become Islamic countries. Sharia law is well received in Britain and Australia certainly needs it.

I am not aware of any urgent needs for change of law in Australia, but in any case, this does deserve some elaboration, don't you think?

What would the benefits of Sharia Law be? We still know so little about it. The fear has overshadowed the actual knowledge.

Is there any particular reason why Australia would benefit from it?

apophenia

I am not aware of any urgent needs for change of law in Australia, but in any case, this does deserve some elaboration, don't you think?

What would the benefits of Sharia Law be? We still know so little about it. The fear has overshadowed the actual knowledge.

Is there any particular reason why Australia would benefit from it?

Well, it may shock the locals out of their narcissistic myopia.

That would be a kind of improvement.

Although ....

It is all academic. The ecosytems are broken. Religion is irrelevant.

Theocratic dictatorships are fundamentally evil and an affront to fundamental human rights, regardless of the extremist Christian right of America are in charge or a caliphate. I would rather die than be under a theocracy...

Salek Atesh

Somehow your government declares islam as your new national religion.

An interesting theoretical. What sect are we talking about?? Hanafi?? Hanbali?? Salafist?? Twelver Shia?? One of the Sufi sects??

You are expected to comply with rules like:

-All kinds of alcohol use is forbidden

Eh. I personally wouldn't care that much. So the safehouses open up again. This state's been through Christian-backed prohibition once and back then no one followed it and the major beermakers of the State still stayed in business producing under a front of malt-making. No biggie.

-Premarital sex is forbidden

In the US State where I live, it is forbidden now because of old Christian laws. It's neither followed nor enforced, and no one seems to care enough about its existence to repeal it. I imagine the situation is unchanged in this hypothetical.

-Women should cover themselves from head to toe

So... which sect is in charge?? Salafist I assume?? Well in winter no one will notice any change, as not covering yourself in head to toe in this state's winter is suicide. The one month of summer we get would be noticeably different though.

-You cannot talk about and practice anthing not compatible with islam such as athesim , evolution

Well there's a lot of Muslims who believe in evolution so I'm not worried about the later, the former would be unfortunate for atheists, though.

Chances are, though, knowing what the Muslim minority in this state is like, if they were to take over I wouldn't be to worried. They're rather tolerant from what I've seen, by necessity as they're from a large number of different ethnic backgrounds, and are too small to put much emphasis on sect. It would be interesting to see what sort of Islam would arise culturally with the state of Wisconsin.

With the massive amount of liquor production here, you'd probably not see much enforcement of anti-liquor laws... as I said, it didn't work when the Christians tried it. Best case scenario, you'd see Wisconsin become a sate that produces and exports alcohol, being too profitable to stop, without consuming it.

I'm pretty sure most people would be glad to go to prayer services on Friday, keeping Sunday open for football.

With the dairy industry here, the state would probably emerge as a very large supplier of halal beef.

ginaleanne

Somehow your government declares islam as your new national religion.You are expected to comply with rules like:

-You cannot talk about and practice anthing not compatible with islam such as athesim , evolution
I guess I'd quit being a drunken ****, buy some headgear (because I have never seen a Muslim covered from head to toe and the lady who lives down the street from me who is from Afghanistan...I have never seen her head covered, and she is Muslim), and I'd stop worshiping those alien gods the guy on the History channel with the moussed up hair is always talking about and I'd have faith instead of doubt. What else could you do? You go with the flow, or you move someplace else.

Somehow your government declares islam as your new national religion.You are expected to comply with rules like:

Let's ask : What if the whole world became Muslim? The answer is this: Only the Sunni sect will be left, all others having been massacred by the majority Sunni sect. I have proof for this in the Holy Bible and here it is: Genesis 16: 12 And he [Ishmael] will be as a wild *** (donkey) among men; his hand will be against every man and every man’s hand against him, and he will live to the east and on the borders of all his kinsmen.

Now that's not the end. Why? Because the left over Sunnis will fight among themselves (the wild donkey nature will not leave them) and eventually only one powerful Sunni Muslim man/woman will be left on planet earth. After his/her death, the planet will have only wild animals left and they will thank God for getting rid of wicked human beings..

Last edited: