• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What, in your opinion, is the worst thing one person can do to another?

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
If someone murders another person, that person is out of his/her misery. But if you kill his or her loved ones, that is as bad as torture- or is torture-mental torture. I was thinking torture- whether mental or physical or both.

Walkntune

You will have to take this in with your own point of view( but as a Christian )causing someone to stumble and miss Heaven is far worse than anything that can be done with just an earthly impact.

Last edited:

sonofskeptish

It is what it is
You will have to take this in with your own point of view( but as a Christian )causing someone to stumble and miss Heaven is far worse than anything that can be done with just an earthly impact.

If you could kill someone and by doing so ensure that they don't stumble and miss heaven on your account, would you do it?

sonofskeptish

It is what it is
If you could kill someone and by doing so ensure that they don't stumble and miss heaven on your account, would you do it?

No.Thou shall not kill!

I don't understand the logic... you would do the worst possible thing that you can imagine doing to another, for the sake of you not breaking a commandment?

How about this then... if you new that you taking the name of the LORD your God in vain would ensure that someone else didn't stumble and miss heaven on your account, would you do that?

Walkntune

I don't understand the logic... you would do the worst possible thing that you can imagine doing to another, for the sake of you not breaking a commandment?

Actually i don't understand the logic of the question.Why must I kill someone to ensure salvation? Also what am I doing to this person that is the worst posible thing?
I believe babies are not held accountable and go to heaven when they die but I don't kill them to ensure their salvation.

How about this then... if you new that you taking the name of the LORD your God in vain would ensure that someone else didn't stumble and miss heaven on your account, would you do that?

Last edited:

Neo-Logic

Reality Checker
Murder.

Nothing is worse than taking away someone's potential to live and their future with intent and malice.

Every other conceivable crime comes second to that, which is why our system of justice reserves the highest penalties for that crime.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Murder.

Nothing is worse than taking away someone's potential to live and their future with intent and malice.

Every other conceivable crime comes second to that, which is why our system of justice reserves the highest penalties for that crime.
I feel so much better, now, about putting my cat down.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
I think that the worst thing that anyone can do to another, is to deliberately inflict harm or pain on another, be it physical or emotional.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
Being ignored sucks, but I don't think it's nearly as bad as watching your family be tortured and killed and then having old milk thrown all over you. actually, I'd rather be ignored forever than have old milk thrown on me every day. I guess it's just a personal opinion though... Maybe some people would rather be raped and killed than be ignored. I guess negative attention is better than no attention?

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Being ignored sucks, but I don't think it's nearly as bad as watching your family be tortured and killed and then having old milk thrown all over you. actually, I'd rather be ignored forever than have old milk thrown on me every day. I guess it's just a personal opinion though... Maybe some people would rather be raped and killed than be ignored. I guess negative attention is better than no attention?

The thing about being ignored when you are a social creature is that it pretty much makes you go mad or kill yourself. It is very isolating. Being raped for instance is horrible but if you have enough support you still find things to make you happy or to live for.

But I will agree that having your loved ones suffer would be even worse.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend ChristineES,

What, in your opinion, is the worst thing one person can do to another?

NOTHING! as its all our own karma that comes back to us through various means and we blame others.

Love & rgds

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Murder, as in, of human beings.

You are hereby absolved of all guilt. Feel better. :eek:

Why only humans? Is the life of an animal not important to the animal?
I think, maybe, that Willamena was conveying a different message. I could be wrong though.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
Murder, as in, of human beings.

You are hereby absolved of all guilt. Feel better. :eek:

No. You should feel a little bit guilty. That's normal. Deciding to kill your kitty, even if it was probably "best" for the kitty shouldn't make you feel guilt-free. You should feel a little bit bad at least... Damn. It's a tough decision, and I think you should feel guilty whether you let the kat suffer or have it euthanized. Either way you might be deciding something the kat would decide against.

Killing kats is murder too. Euthanasia isn't as bad though, because your heart is in the right place, so to speak.

Neo-Logic

Reality Checker
No. You should feel a little bit guilty. That's normal. Deciding to kill your kitty, even if it was probably "best" for the kitty shouldn't make you feel guilt-free. You should feel a little bit bad at least... Damn. It's a tough decision, and I think you should feel guilty whether you let the kat suffer or have it euthanized. Either way you might be deciding something the kat would decide against.

Killing kats is murder too. Euthanasia isn't as bad though, because your heart is in the right place, so to speak.

Well, you can 'feel' guilty, but society won't find you 'guilty' per se.

Neo-Logic

Reality Checker
Why only humans? Is the life of an animal not important to the animal?
I think, maybe, that Willamena was conveying a different message. I could be wrong though.

Thread says "the worst thing one person can do to another"

I'm sticking to the topic. :D