• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is a perfect being like?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The more I think about it, the more it seems that it's easier to describe what a perfect being isn't than what it would be. We just have a lot more experience with imperfection than we do with perfection.

How true that we have more experience with human imperfection.
At birth a parent knows the child's leanings will be toward imperfection.
We can make mistakes when we don't want to.
Human perfection can only do wrong on purpose.

Can you describe Jesus Christ?
Jesus had healthy human perfection of sound mind and body and could apply the Golden Rule perfectly. Jesus' leanings were not only toward perfection, Jesus is the perfect example, or perfect model to follow.
-1st Peter 2v21

Onkara

Penumbra
If someone cannot be or imagine what a perfect being is, then I think they could act on perfecting their actions. Actions which help others, which are born to help others and are dedicated to others are basically good in nature. I don't mean just helping an old person cross the road, but dedicating what you do to someone else. It doesn't mean you cannot do something for yourself, but even what you do for yourself is done for love of another, for example, I go to work, eat food and exercise because I want those who love me to not depend on me when poor, hungry or ill. This is called Karma Yoga.

Perfection for me lies in unconditional love born from knowing yourself as eternal consciousness. These two things are almost out of reach for a person who sees the world as simply material (Not judging, just philosophising).
:)

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Penumbra
If someone cannot be or imagine what a perfect being is, then I think they could act on perfecting their actions. Actions which help others, which are born to help others and are dedicated to others are basically good in nature. I don't mean just helping an old person cross the road, but dedicating what you do to someone else. It doesn't mean you cannot do something for yourself, but even what you do for yourself is done for love of another, for example, I go to work, eat food and exercise because I want those who love me to not depend on me when poor, hungry or ill. This is called Karma Yoga.
Perfection for me lies in unconditional love born from knowing yourself as eternal consciousness. These two things are almost out of reach for a person who sees the world as simply material (Not judging, just philosophising).
:)

Basically, 1st Peter 2v21 is saying to act on perfection by action by using Jesus as an example of model to follow in Christ-like love.

Jesus powerful works helped others but they were just on a small scale or sample of what Jesus will do on a LARGE or GRAND scale during his coming millennial reign over earth.

In the meantime, Jesus gave us a 'new commandment' at John 13vs34,35 to love as he loved. And the Bible's definition of love is defined at 1st Corinthians 13vs4-6 which is in sharp contrast to the selfish distorted form of love described by people's bad attitudes and actions at 2nd Timothy 3vs1-5,13.

Jesus also gave us an illustration of the neighborly 'good Samaritan' showing we should widen out in our love for others, and of course if we do not take care of oneself it would be harder to help another.

By teaching about the good news of God kingdom Jesus was stressing not the material but the spiritual because now is mostly the time for spiritual healing.

blackout

Violet.
If at creation Adam was a serial killer, would he have been considered humanly perfect being of sound mind and body?

How is a person abusing or torturing another being a perfect person of sound mind and body?

Can't one be 'less' by ignoring one's conscience to the point that it becomes calloused like flesh seared by a hot branding iron to the point that one's conscience is so hardened that it no longer has feelings?

At "creation" there were no other human beings,
therefore Adam could not possibly have been a serial killer...
though he was created with a predisposition for eating forbidden fruit.
According to one version of the tale or another,
fruit did actually exist at the time of Adam's creation,
making the analogy much more relevant to the story.

As I said,
things are perfectly what they are.
A forbidden fruit eater is perfectly that.
(a forbidden fruit eater)

Last edited:

genenuega

At "creation" there were no other human beings,
therefore Adam could not possibly have been a serial killer...
though he was created with a predisposition for eating forbidden fruit.
According to one version of the tale or another,
fruit did actually exist at the time of Adam's creation,
making the analogy much more relevant to the story.

As I said,
things are perfectly what they are.
A forbidden fruit eater is perfectly that.
(a forbidden fruit eater)

Interesting...:)

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Did Jesus Christ show prejudice? Just a question..

Jesus obeyed the Mosaic law so Jesus would have obeyed Lev. 19vs18,32-34.

Jesus said the people were like a sheep without a [spiritual] shepherd.

So Jesus had zeal for God's house of worship and that is why he could pronounce the many 'woes' against, not the people, but against the false religious leaders of his day.
see: Matthew 23vs1-38