• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is Evidence?

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
See post #195. I answered the thread question and told him what I think of evidence then people started asking me questions about what I said, and I gave answers. So what’s the topic again? lol
"Evidence." I do not believe your posts address the topic well and change the subject.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Is the topic of the thread for only those that believe in whatever evidence supports?
It is not the topic but by definition that the purpose and definition of "evidence" is to support a hypothesis, or proposition to determine if it true or in the case of science falsifiable. To reject the confirmed definition of evidence is to deny the nature and purpose of evidence.

It is common so far in this forum to reject "evidence" for a personal conclusion not supported by the evidence.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I’ve told you before, but I’ll tell you again in case anybody here doesn’t know. Existence itself is possible because of the life of one man. When he dies existence ends. When he’s reborn existence begins. On and on and on it goes. It’s an endless cycle. This is my opinion of course. Don’t take my word for it.;)
What you are describing here is a rather nebulous foggy subjective religious sort of Messianic belief not supported by evidence and not related to the question of "evidence."

Last edited:

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I can feel his presence on earth. Without him there is nothing.
Apparently you're in communication with him, too, since you seem to know something about his nature and powers.

Feelings aren't evidence. Practitioners of a thousand different religions feel their doctrines are right and their founders inspired or chosen by God. They're relying on exactly the same evidence you are, yet they disagree; they've reached different conclusions.
So how can this method of assessing truth be reliable?

There are thousands of sincere believers in mental hospitals all over the country, who believe in all sorts of fantastical and undetectable things, with no tangible evidence. How do their delusions differ from your 'feelings'?

Last edited:

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That's the link I gave in my first post. There is no documentation of any scientist reproducing the phenomenon anywhere in the world, No photographs, no videos, no peer-reviewed or published papers. Just like you, there is just a lot of talk.

If you are such a scientist and if it is so easy to reproduce (it was done hundreds of times in Sept 1995), you should be able to do it. You can't. That is the problem.

Instead of all this talking, why don't you actually run some actual experiments like a real scientist and show us some real results?
I saw a documentary about the phenomenon. It's easily reproduced and was photographed and researched. "The drinkers" need not be gods, or even human; just the right type of statue. The milk's usually found pooled beneath or below the statue.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Can you send me a link to the easily reproduced photograph or video? If you can't then it probably does not exist.
This was years ago, probably on one of the PBS channels. I don't remember either the title or the show. I Just recall that it was fairly interesting but of no real consequence. :shrug:

soulsurvivor

Premium Member
This was years ago, probably on one of the PBS channels. I don't remember either the title or the show. I Just recall that it was fairly interesting but of no real consequence. :shrug:
If it is so easily reproduced, maybe you can reproduce it yourself and provide a photo or video.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Can you send me a link to the easily reproduced photograph or video? If you can't then it probably does not exist.
I posted a reference where scientists tested and determined how it was done. You're living in denial clinging to supernatural delusions. I also described other ways that it could also be easily done..

Videos are not good evidence. They can be digitally altered to show what ones to show;

Last edited:

soulsurvivor

Premium Member
I posted a reference where scientists tested and determined how it was done. You're living in denial clinging to supernatural delusions.
A Wiki page where someone says they tested it is not evidence. Evidence is photos, videos, published papers. As a scientist, why don't you run the experiment yourself (very easily done, as you claim - hundreds of housewives have done it on video) and provide us the photos and video. This reluctance to experiment sounds like you are not a serious scientist at all or have no faith in your own abilities/beliefs.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
A Wiki page where someone says they tested it is not evidence. Evidence is photos, videos, published papers. As a scientist, why don't you run the experiment yourself (very easily done, as you claim - hundreds of housewives have done it on video) and provide us the photos and video. This reluctance to experiment sounds like you are not a serious scientist at all or have no faith in your own abilities/beliefs.
Photos and videos are not good evidence. They can be easily digitally altered to show what one wants to show;. UFO hoaxs have many altered photo claims of evidence.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
........Bonus question: If you think there is a standard that must be surpassed for something to be considered evidence, what is it and does the Bible meet that?
'Meet it' because Jesus used the OT on which to reason and logically base his teachings
Jesus often prefaced his statements with the words, " It is written...." meaning already written down in the old Hebrew scriptures
Jesus explained and expounded on the OT for us
Thus, we can know what today's world NEWS now holds or has in store - 1st Thessalonians 5:2-3

soulsurvivor

Premium Member
Photos and videos are not good evidence. They can be easily digitally altered to show what one wants to show;. UFO hoaxs have many altered photo claims of evidence.
You are quite right. But videos are better than mere words. Anyway, I trust you not to fake it or alter it. Please perform the experiment - it will be so easy. You will be the only person in the world who has a video debunking this phenomenon.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Existence itself is possible because of the life of one man. When he dies existence ends. When he’s reborn existence begins. On and on and on it goes. It’s an endless cycle.
Just to tidy up a detail, how does his mother, the one in charge of the "reborn" shtick, fit into this?
This is my opinion of course. Don’t take my word for it.;)
You have my promise.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
OK. A simple Google search brought up a long list of videos. I copied the first couple with explanations, rather than just news reports:

There were more, but I don't want to take the time.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Please explain how conflicting claims can both be right,
Who in this Mother Earth said that?
and please explain how claims without evidence can be verified.
It's you who has the burden of proof because it was you who made a claim.

It's not a sermon. it's a mathematical statement; an invocation of logic.
Absolutely not. What? It was a sermon. There was no maths there! Seriously bro, what in the world are you talking about?

You're the one making the claim.
Can you clearly point out what claim I made in which post? Don't make things up, quote my own words.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yes, they are reports and illustrations of the actual evidence. The observations and tests are the evidence.