• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is Iron?

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
iron-man-hit.jpg
The best Iron around...

wa:do

mohammed_beiruti

Most common element on Earth is oxygen, followed by silicon, aluminum & iron.
Iron is the king of metals though...it deserves to be the most common....so you win points for your honorable claim.

does Iron come from meteors?

it is not genuinely exist in earth.

Last edited:

mohammed_beiruti

Iron is formed in massive stars which then go supernova. The debris, including
meteors, eventually forms planets. So I'd say iron comes from Earth & meteors.

I strongly believe that Iron came from meteors only.

because Iron needs tremendous energy to be fromed, and that tremendous energy does not exist in our solar system.

then It must be came from outside our solor system through meteors .

Primordial Annihilator

because Iron needs tremendous energy to be fromed, and that tremendous energy does not exist in our solar system.

Stellarnucleosynthesis ;)

The core of this planet is iron..there are not enough meteors...nor any way of accounting how meteor iron ended up in the core.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
We couldn't have a supernova in our solar system & survive it. That happens before the solar system is formed.
Iron gas & small particles could also condense into a planet....but I don't know....I wasn't there.

Primordial Annihilator

We couldn't have a supernova in our solar system & survive it. That happens before the solar system is formed.
Iron gas & small particles could also condense into a planet....but I don't know....I wasn't there.

Indeed our sun accreted matter from earlier supernova...into planets and whatnot..as it moved into the nebulae/molecular cloud that preceded our solar system.

mohammed_beiruti

what about Iron mines ?, can scientists figure out whether Iron came from meteors or it is genuinely exsist in earth when it was first formed.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
what about Iron mines ?, can scientists figure out whether Iron came from meteors or it is genuinely exsist in earth when it was first formed.
There's a question which is above my pay grade. But it appears that most of the mass of
the Earth is from elements not produced in our Sun, so where did the Earth come from?

PolyHedral

Superabacus Mystic
Considering there's a block of iron weighing 1.1 trillion billion tonnes at the centre of the planet, I think most of it was there originally.

Primordial Annihilator

Considering there's a block of iron weighing 1.1 trillion billion tonnes at the centre of the planet, I think most of it was there originally.

I think so too..at the very core though I suspect that there are large quantities of heavy radioactive elements.

Which may in part or wholly explain how the outer core remains liquid for billions of years...(releasing heat energy as they decay)..and of course the resulting tectonic activity of the crust, pushed around as it is by the conductively heated mantle....and perhaps the true origin of the majority of radon gas.

Just a thought...my earth sciences knowledge is infantile really.