• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Is NOT Sacred?

FatMan

I've learned recently that clouds and beans are sacred, but a golden retriever's butt - not so much.

cardero

Citizen Mod
I believe it is everything under the sun. It is hard for me to understand why an entity would designate a material object or a personal concept holy or divine.

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
I believe it is everything under the sun. It is hard for me to understand why an entity would designate a material object or a personal concept holy or divine.
I find it harder to understand why i divine being would create something it despised, which leads me to the same conclusion as you however.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
Nothing, and everything. Because, we determine in our own minds what is sacred. Nothing is inherently sacred unless we attach that meaning to it.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
Ever heard George Carlin's routine on "the sanctity of life"? It's pretty funny.

I love that one. Ever heard his bit about why he's decided to become a "sun worshipper"? It's hilarious, and George answers GC's post about why the Sun might be sacred. :D

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
doppelgänger;858506 said:
I love that one. Ever heard his bit about why he's decided to become a "sun worshipper"? It's hilarious, and George answers GC's post about why the Sun might be sacred. :D

Aren't they on the same CD? I can't remember...

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
Aren't they on the same CD? I can't remember...

I don't know. I hear it on XM radio sometimes when I'm driving across South Texas. I have a link to the text, but it's not for the faint of heart. One of the appropriate bits:
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong.

Mr. Hair

Renegade Cavalcade
Nothing is sacred.

Indeed.

Because of this, everything is sacred, at the same time. The Netjer are profane, and the earth is sacred; and yet this is not entirely so. Neither can be devised completely from the other, or from my-self.

At least, so I sometimes think... *smiles*