• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

what is the best movie ever?

Smoke

Done here.
Heh... I place Ghenghis Khan starring John Wayne pretty close to the Star Wars Holiday Special on this graph.
I don't watch James Bond movies and I don't watch John Wayne movies, but I am willing to make an exception for Genghis Khan. I just think it's hilarious.

But I admit to having an odd sense of humor. I thought The Shining was hilarious, too.

Erebus

That's another one I never understood. I watched it a year or two ago, and I was confused because I couldn't see any reason for it to be so well-received.

It's definitely an acquired taste, I think that's why it's mostly considered a cult film.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
"The Bounty" with Anthony Hopkins and Mel Gibson before he went weird. Great movie with a more balanced view of Captain Bligh and Fletcher Christian and the famous mutiny on the Bounty. Fantastic musical score by Vangelis.

Oh, and does acting get any better than Meryl Streep in "Sophie's Choice?" And what about Liam Neeson (yummy!) in "Schindler's List?"

sunsplash

Freckled
How about "A Time To Kill" - a movie that followed the book pretty closely. That whole film is powerful, especially Jake's closing statement and the very last line of the movie...if you've seen it, you know. *wipes a tear* and I'm not emotional about movies, lol.