• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the 'cause' of homsexuality?

As with O.P.

• Genetic mutation?

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Recessive gene locus/locii?

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Hormonal?

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Pyschological?

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Perversion?

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Who the hell do you think you are to ask?

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters

ch'ang

artist in training
I don't know.... why does it matter?
I agree with Maize on this one it doesn't really matter if it is a choice or not it is the way a person wants to live their life and does not harm others. But most people care because they want to condemn homosexuals and it is real hard to condemn someone if they have no choice in the matter so they would like you to think that it is a conscious choice

Nehustan

Flappycat said:
Just don't let him try to be something he's not. My Other had been playing Married Man for years before holding up the pretense, among other things, caused him a series of breakdowns and an eventual self-outing. Altogether, it about killed him. You don't want your kids going through that, so try to avoid it.
I will bear that in mind should he begin to display signs that are considerably demonstrative.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Nehustan said:
Tell me that that is a joke and that you haven't actually ever heard that as a causation....please!!!!
Unfortunately, I have indeed heard someone say that homosexuality is caused by demonic possession. But then again, I live in a town which is notorious for fundamentalism. I hear a lot of strange things in this town.

BUDDY

User of Aspercreme
I think that it is a psychological development brought on by surroundings or upbringing. I do not believe that it is anything genetic, but only because there is no proof of a gene or genetic strand that can be considered "the gay gene". If that is found to be true, I will quickly change my opinion.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Jesus, and all this time I thought it was in the drinking water.
:p
I don't know why some people are gay. But I also like that beer commercial 'Why ask why?' Just accept. And love all equally. :icon_razz

Solon

malfunctioning in the neo-cortex, leading to gender confusion and fear of the opposite sex.

S

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
ch'ang said:
I agree with Maize on this one it doesn't really matter if it is a choice or not it is the way a person wants to live their life and does not harm others. But most people care because they want to condemn homosexuals and it is real hard to condemn someone if they have no choice in the matter so they would like you to think that it is a conscious choice
That is a wonderfully honest and moral outlook, and whilst I agree with you, it is, I think, generally accepted by the medical profession that sexual orientation is either a matter of genetics (unlikely though) or hormonal variations during gestation.

It is important that this message be understood. There are enough people who would like any excuse to have homosexuality deemed as a 'choice' in order to be able to vote against equal rights for gays.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
standing_alone said:
How could anyone joke about something as evil as homosexuality?! :eek:
True. If you put a sample of blood from a homosexual under a microscope, you can see tiny little demons starring back at you from each blood cell. Some of them actually wave in their demonic way. And I once saw two demons of the same sex hug each other right before they asked me to take their picture. It was a very strange experience, and ever since, I haven't had even the least inclination to get drunk and look into a microscope again.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Excellent point, Michel. I had a good friend who's younger brother was gay. His brother, from a young age, was always ... I don't know, different? Didn't want to do what other boys did, but wanted to play dolls and such with the girls. When he got older, he had no interest in girls. So, no, it's not a choice.

standing_on_one_foot

jgallandt said:
Excellent point, Michel. I had a good friend who's younger brother was gay. His brother, from a young age, was always ... I don't know, different? Didn't want to do what other boys did, but wanted to play dolls and such with the girls. When he got older, he had no interest in girls. So, no, it's not a choice.
Not all gay men are effeminate, though...are they different? (actually a serious question right there, do you suppose there are different "types" of homosexuality with different causes?)

Nehustan

standing_on_one_foot said:
Not all gay men are effeminate, though...are they different? (actually a serious question right there, do you suppose there are different "types" of homosexuality with different causes?)
Very good question. I have no answers to it.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Solon said:
Same difference I would of thought ?

S

No, why would you assume so? Not wanting to have sex with someone or not being attracted to them doesn't mean you're afraid of them. :rolleyes:

Nehustan

Fluffy said:
I don't wish to have sex with you Solon but that does not mean I am afraid of you :).
I don't want to have sex with....

fear.jpg

but I'm more afraid of his policies than he himself....mind you his wayward niece isn't bad looking...​

_1789863_nbush150ap.jpg

(by the way has anyone noticed the poll looks like a day at the races...pretty much neck and neck....)​

Tek

No it is not a choice realy but you can chose not to do the activites of homosexuality....