• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the greatest chain of restaurants?

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
Garbanzo Mediterranean Fresh - plenty of vegan and vegetarian options.

Naf Naf is also very good.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
None of them. The best food doesn't come from a chain. And it's all mass produced mush
When it comes to fast food, I agree, but there are some decent fast casual and casual restaurant chains out there.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
Don't you mean Waffle House?
Awful House...

affle-house.jpg

libre

Skylark
I'd say Pizza Pizza, Second Cup and Tim Hortons would be the big 3 staples for me in Ontario.
I don't think I've ever gone to chain restaurants that were not fast food adjacent, I would rather pay to go to a local place if I am having a nice meal out.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
There was a chain of restaurants, now defunct, which I remember from the past: Nickerson Farms. Each of their restaurants had a beehive where customers could watch the bees make honey. (Although I remember one location where the beehive was missing, with a sign which said that the bees were accidentally exterminated due to a miscommunication.)

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
I will also eat at Sheetz from time to time. Either a quesarito or a cheese sub on flatbread.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Here's a humorous article ranking the trashiest chain restaurants in America: Ranking the Trashiest Chain Restaurants in America - THE MEAL PREP MANUAL

The writer's list:

8. Red Lobster
7. The Cheesecake Factory
6. Buffalo Wild Wings
5. Cracker Barrel
4. IHOP
3. Olive Garden
2. Applebees
1. Golden Corral

He did mention Denny's, but said he couldn't put them on the list because he had never eaten there. He also had some words about Waffle House:

The one other obvious omission from this list is Waffle House. Waffle House cannot be on this list because it fully owns being a piece of **** and the people watching is top tier. You know what you’re getting with Waffle House and they know that you know it isn’t going to be a 5 star meal. These other restaurants think they are genuinely good which contributes to the trashiness. For that reason, Waffle House has my respect.

His rant about Olive Garden did kind of chime with me, if only because I've never been a fan of Olive Garden, yet roped into eating there by co-workers and friends who really like it.

I hate Olive Garden. One of the most unfortunate things that has ever happened to me is that my friend group loves Olive Garden because they are all disgusting people. I used to be dragged into that godless hellhole anytime we all gathered together in the same place. Do you know how sad it is to watch people you have associated yourself with gluttonously shove breadsticks into their mouths? It makes me not want to live.

Olive Garden is for high school students and that is it. No person with any pride should ever eat at Olive Garden. I love how in the mid 2000’s they had those commercials to try and make us believe that all of their chefs went to Italy to train in the practices of Italian cuisine. You really expect me to believe that you paid for your “chefs” to do an apprenticeship in Tuscany so they could learn how to reheat the unlimited soup, salad, and breadsticks? Give me a break. There is no point in pretending that you are a classy restaurant Olive Garden, you aren’t.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
What is the greatest chain of restaurants?

I say Pizza Hut

Beautiful and filling food and an unlimited free salad buffet

Today I had a pizza there that had been glazed with honey!

It was absolutely delicious, I needed a big yummy meal as before that I had an appointment at a hospital
It must be about 30 years since I set foot in a Pizza Hut.

Generally, if I'm getting chain pizza, I'll order Domino's.

I'm going to nominate two restaurants for best chains:

Harvey's for best chain fast food

Kelsey's for best chain sit-down restaurant with a bar

(Honourable mention to Swiss Chalet for the last category)

Last edited:

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Of the ones I go to I like the Brasserie Zedel and Cote Brasserie.