• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the MIND

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
I may be late to the discussion, but I'll go ahead and put my understanding in.
I personally see the mind and the brain as not-two, but not the same. I see mind as the abstract, not limited by the body, and the brain as more or less the physical link for the mind to the body. Also I see the brain as responsible for alot of the conditioning the mind undergoes. So basically, as im going to go ahead and discriminate for the sake of discussion though I know in the long run these things are out of reach of inferential understanding, I see mind as mind, and brain as the minds physical part, or physical link to the body. So of course, once the mind is temporarily attached to the body, more or less, the brain effects how the mind can operate, so that would explain why mind is effected by things such as brain damage etc. even though mind is not part of the body. While we are with this body, our consciousness is conditioned by our senses, so we find it hard to understand consciousness without sight, hearing, taste, tactile and smell and any other thing that the brain uses to process and create its surroundings. I think once ones mind is able to transcend the body, then the state of the brain is influenced by the mind, not the other way around.

Thats roughly what I think :D

Peace

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Dreadfish,

Yes, also understand that the transcendental state also there like the cross where man's mind is at the cross road between two lines one which is HERE-NOW and the other which is either past or future and no present. Mind normally left alone takes the easy way out that of seeing the past and the future but the other too is there which the mind keeps missing.

Love & rgds