• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the NATO?

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
I've noticed a growing alliance with Putin and even more diplomatic ties that I had not noticed prior. NATO has become part of our own alliance, or rather we became part of NATO. I both like the way NATO operates and dislike it. It's like someone walks into a house somewhere in Alabama to pick a fight with the residents, then Washington, Delaware, Maine, Tennessee, Rhode Island, among a few other states join it to defend the residents who live in the house that someone decided to pick a fight with. This part is an asset. The liability is in being part of this structure obligated to stand in defense of, particularly when some territories appear to be goading NATO into a big one. It doesn't really matter which one they pick a fight with at this point. If you're part of NATO, you'll be involved in the conflict and if this happens it pretty much means the poo has hit the fan on a global level.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I live in Europe, okay?
I have no idea of what Asia geopolitics is. And honestly I have no idea of how things work in the Pacific Ocean, and in the Indian Ocean.
I exclusively know the geopolitics of Europe. In detail. I also speak 6 European languages.

I don't understand why American people who have never been to Europe claim to know what's going on in Europe.

I am humble, and I would never claim I know what's going on in Taiwan.
I've been to Europe
But by the same tone...I don't know how someone from Italy can know so much about America to refer to it as a warmongering country. And does living in Europe make you a Russian expert or an expert on all the countries of Europe...
Like I said..have fun storming the castle

lukethethird

unknown member
Especially Libya.
Seeing what nato did to Libya, now Ukraine is paying that price. It has been well understood for decades by those paying attention that nato's push eastern would result in Ukraine being where the bloodbath takes place. Nato has now formed a Pacific alliance and wants to go to war with China, Taiwan will pay that price.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I've been to Europe
But I live here and I speak to Europeans 24/7.
In different languages.
But by the same tone...I don't know how someone from Italy can know so much about America to refer to it as a warmongering country
I said NATO.
NATO is an organization, so since my country is in the NATO, it participated to this warmongering attitude.
Let's not forget that MOST European countries have done nothing to favor peace between Ukraine and Russia.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
And does living in Europe make you a Russian expert or an expert on all the countries of Europe...
Like I said..have fun storming the castle
Because I can read Russian and translate it into English or Italian.

I mean most Americans cannot, so they will believe whatever CNN (certainly not news) tells them about Russia.

Wu Wei

I mean most Americans cannot, so they will believe whatever CNN (certainly not news) tells them about Russia.
You appear to know so little about the US news outlets... there is more than CNN...just so you know..heck I can watch BBC, NHK and even news from France here at my house

Also I know a lot of people who are native Chinese, who translate Chinese to english... does not make then an expert on Chinese politics or the government...just means they can speak, read and write in at least 2 different languages

Last edited:

Wu Wei

But I live here and I speak to Europeans 24/7.
In different languages.

I said NATO.
NATO is an organization, so since my country is in the NATO, it participated to this warmongering attitude.
Let's not forget that MOST European countries have done nothing to favor peace between Ukraine and Russia.
You do realize, living in a plave 24/7 does not make you an expert on the entire place nor does it mean you know anything about other European countries and their politics

You also seem to forget your other posts where you did call other countires, not NATO specific, warmongers

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member

The American mainstream news doesn't even show us or tell us what Putin has said, doesn't broadcast his speeches even when they're addressed to the West, etc. If you want to know anything besides "Putin is a an evil dictator and we must help Ukraine for the sake of democracy", you have to make the effort to look it up yourself. They do this all the time with foreign issues and countries our government is saber rattling with. This is why Americans tend to be badly informed about world affairs. It's because the media and government keeps it that way. They never show the full issue.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
You do realize, living in a plave 24/7 does not make you an expert on the entire place nor does it mean you know anything about other European countries and their politics

You also seem to forget your other posts where you did call other countires, not NATO specific, warmongers
Honestly I think that debate is supposed to be about the topic discussed.
Not about the debater.

Wu Wei

Not about the debater.
But seeing as I do not agree with the Debater and am not willing to accept the statements made based on a claimed knowledge just because one lives in an area, and the ability to speak, read and write another language as factual or even realistic. It becomes topic for debate

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
Not about the debater.

Honestly, the only thing the topic you bring up demonstrates is how you see the world in a very black and white kind of way. Before you knew NATO did shady things, they were good guys. Now that you realize that they do shady things, they are bad guys

We are talking about geopolitics. The moments that are truly black or white are very few, and the muddy moments of greyness are all pervasive. It is what it is whether you like it or not, and this is the way geopolitics has always been. Thankfully geopolitics are a hell of a lot less bloody and brutal now than they've been in the past, so that's something positive at least

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
But seeing as I do not agree with the Debater and am not willing to accept the statements made based on a claimed knowledge just because one lives in an area, and the ability to speak, read and write another language as factual or even realistic. It becomes topic for debate
You started it...by speaking of the personal level.

Wu Wei

You started it...by speaking of the personal level.
What is personal, I question your expertise based on the experience you claim to have.... So I cannot question? must take it at your word, without anything proving actual knowledge of the topic..... Not going to happen.... by that logic I could say I am an expert on all things American Politics because I have lived here my whole life, and worked for the government for 30 years...and nothing could be further from the truth.... way to much subterfuge in politics as well as way to many fabulists to keep up with it all...

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
What is personal, I question your expertise based on the experience you claim to have.... So I cannot question? must take it at your word, without anything proving actual knowledge of the topic..... Not going to happen.... by that logic I could say I am an expert on all things American Politics because I have lived here my whole life, and worked for the government for 30 years...and nothing could be further from the truth.... way to much subterfuge in politics as well as way to many fabulists to keep up with it all...

Exactly. There's a reason geopolitics is a higher education degree

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
Honestly, the only thing the topic you bring up demonstrates is how you see the world in a very black and white kind of way. Before you knew NATO did shady things, they were good guys. Now that you realize that they do shady things, they are bad guys

We are talking about geopolitics. The moments that are truly black or white are very few, and the muddy moments of greyness are all pervasive. It is what it is whether you like it or not, and this is the way geopolitics has always been. Thankfully geopolitics are a hell of a lot less bloody and brutal now than they've been in the past, so that's something positive at least
For the time being, thankfully, but isn't that a point of concern? How long before they turn into something less tolerable as we've seen in times past? The nature of both conquest and national defense demands more severity than what many of us have been accustomed to. Where does the EU fit into the geopolitics concerning Russia and the Ukraine? At the moment, NATO has been for the most part sitting on the sidelines doing much of nothing yet have become the targeted ridicule of this thread. Thus far NATO has offered some humanitarian aid and I think there have been concerns over arms, but I'm uncertain if this is anything concerning enough to warrant greater NATO involvement.