• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the proper way to spread religion?

q. what is the proper way to spread religion?
a. lethel injection, only down side is is that it isn't a very effective way

rojse

RF Addict
I think some people are confused.

Are you suggesting that atheism and evolution go hand in hand? We were talking about atheism, and yet somehow evolution came up. I don't think it's relevant to this discussion.

I haven't seen evolution mentioned in the last five pages, so I have no idea where that came from. Perhaps a quote might do?

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
what do you feel is the 1) most effective method of providing religion to others, 2) the proper (or moral) method and 3) your own personal method?
Religion is NOT like butter: don't spread it with a knife (sword).

Jesus said that they would KNOW we are his disciples by OUR LOVE. People are loved into the Kingdom: you simply can't force them in.

yousaf

proper way to spread my religion is clear the not yet muslims mind of all misconceptions then teach about the correct beliefs but do not push someone

tomspug

Absorbant
If someone is confident in his/her religion then why the need to spread it? Can't they be happy in it by themselves?
No. Only if you feel that your religion has no value to other people or it has value but you have no desire to share good things with other people.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
1 Corinthians 13

Love

1If I speak in the tongues[a] of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames,[b] but have not love, I gain nothing.

4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. 13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Do NOT pretend you have all the answers if someone ask..Because you are kidding yourself if you think you do...IMHO...I shut my ears to those who pretend that..

Love

Dallas

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
No. Only if you feel that your religion has no value to other people or it has value but you have no desire to share good things with other people.

If someone really wanted to be a part of your religion wouldn't they come to you? A good thing to one person might not be good for another. I think maybe this is why throughout history wars have been caused by "the spreading of religion." It's sad to have to put a sign on your mailbox saying no missionaries just to get some peace.

gnomon

If someone is confident in his/her religion then why the need to spread it? Can't they be happy in it by themselves?

Why not apply that to any conception. People have no issue with running around talking about what the Dalai Lama, Deepak Chopra, Phil McGraw, and so on have to say. Why single out any religious person from talking about their God.

tomspug

Absorbant
If someone really wanted to be a part of your religion wouldn't they come to you? A good thing to one person might not be good for another. I think maybe this is why throughout history wars have been caused by "the spreading of religion." It's sad to have to put a sign on your mailbox saying no missionaries just to get some peace.
You're treating religion like it is automatically intrusive. It is PEOPLE that are intrusive, naturally.

If you like a certain food, don't you want to share it with your friends? How about other consumer products? If you bought an iPod, would you never show it to anyone? How is religion any different, especially if you feel that it is vital to life? Isn't it easy to understand how a Christian, for example, would want to share how their religion has impacted their life?

Now, that is not to say that it is good for people to THRUST their religion on others, but you would naturally share it with people for as long as they are interested. I mean, wouldn't your friend get sick of you if you tried showing off your iPod every time you met them?

blackout

Violet.
I often dream of sharing my Majik in a LasVegas lounge.

It would be some good adult fun, and a lesson in magic(k).
Laughter and intreigue ... silliness and sensuality.

Spread a little possibility... and a little self empowerment.
(maybe even with a jelly knife!:eek::flirt:)

Ahhhh, dreaming can be fun....:drool:

Last edited:

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
You're treating religion like it is automatically intrusive. It is PEOPLE that are intrusive, naturally.

If you like a certain food, don't you want to share it with your friends? How about other consumer products? If you bought an iPod, would you never show it to anyone? How is religion any different, especially if you feel that it is vital to life? Isn't it easy to understand how a Christian, for example, would want to share how their religion has impacted their life?

Now, that is not to say that it is good for people to THRUST their religion on others, but you would naturally share it with people for as long as they are interested. I mean, wouldn't your friend get sick of you if you tried showing off your iPod every time you met them?

Slight difference, we don't walk from house to house in a town going hey, try my food. Within friendship circles is fine, its common to share experiences among groups. But what i was getting at was people comming to your private residence trying to sell their garbage stories of salvation to you. Its annoying and ignorant.

tomspug

Absorbant
Slight difference, we don't walk from house to house in a town going hey, try my food. Within friendship circles is fine, its common to share experiences among groups. But what i was getting at was people comming to your private residence trying to sell their garbage stories of salvation to you. Its annoying and ignorant.
Aren't you generalizing religion a bit? Exactly how many religions have thrust themselves upon you?

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
Aren't you generalizing religion a bit? Exactly how many religions have thrust themselves upon you?

Well, I can honestly say that I've never been approached by a Zoroastrian ... but other than that, I'd say most of the ones I'm aware of have tried to "Reach out and touch me" at one time or another.

Last edited:

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard

Last 2 weeks alone i've had the sister of saint *something* come around (Christian). The week before, once again the Jehovah's witnesses tried to give me a pamphlet about God. I don't count how many times i'm interrupted by my point is they shouldn't be doing it at all. Its sad to think i would need to put a sign on my door for some privacy within my own home. We even get LDS come into work and annoy us.

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
Last 2 weeks alone i've had the sister of saint *something* come around (Christian). The week before, once again the Jehovah's witnesses tried to give me a pamphlet about God. I don't count how many times i'm interrupted by my point is they shouldn't be doing it at all. Its sad to think i would need to put a sign on my door for some privacy within my own home. We even get LDS come into work and annoy us.

What about the Zoroastrians? They been giving you any trouble lately?

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da

So Christians do this to you. So can we leave out Pagans, Hindus, those that follow any Native American belief, Shinto, Zoroastrians, do any of them do this to you. There religion to can we not generalize it then please? ^_^