• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the proper way to spread religion?

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
So Christians do this to you. So can we leave out Pagans, Hindus, those that follow any Native American belief, Shinto, Zoroastrians, do any of them do this to you. There religion to can we not generalize it then please? ^_^

Just because they don't do it to me doesn't mean they don't do it at all. Would you rather me say "exactly 3" religions come to my house and annoy me?

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Just because they don't do it to me doesn't mean they don't do it at all. Would you rather me say "exactly 3" religions come to my house and annoy me?

But how many time of you every hard of a religion other then Christianity do this? I can't think of any. I don't know of any Pagans, or any of the other ones I said that do this kind of thing at all.

Heneni

Miss Independent
Perhaps the reason for different religions is that different people from different cultures and backgrounds need to go on a journey of enlightenment coming from different levels of progress in the latter.

Various religions you could say teach various concepts about enlightenment. Some religions focus on the introduction of god (evangelical), others focus on the relationship with this God, others focus on the christian as a conqueror, others focus on raising conciousness.

All have different purposes depending on the evolution of a person's spirit within. Hence religion hopping is happing more often. Eventually there will only be the need for one religion...the religion of enlightenment.

How we should spread religion is perhaps less important than the need for a person to engage in a spiritual journey of some kind, and ultimately through the intelligence of the universe that person will be born into a culture or environment where they will come into contact with a religion that can set them on this path.

I believe that the Buddaism is the religion that deals mostly with abdicating one's ego. A religion for maturity in spiritual matters. It is silly that different religions fight over scripture and stuff like that. All it is doing is fueling and strengthening ego. If someone is involved in a church that is not willing to accept that someone else out there could perhaps have more answers than they do, then they are inhibiting a person's spiritual growth and teaching them to hold on to their ego's when infact the loss of ego is what is most important for spiritual growth.

Heneni

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
But how many time of you every hard of a religion other then Christianity do this? I can't think of any. I don't know of any Pagans, or any of the other ones I said that do this kind of thing at all.

That doesn't mean they dont though, if they don't do it in your area code thats no basis to say its a worldwide thing. For the record Pagans do not door to door knock and bug people (to my knowledge) but they do hand out flyers about festivals and things which is the same thing to a lesser degree. Disagree, go to Norway and see for yourself.