• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the truth about God

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
Is every religion, their views and pursuit of it, truth.

I mean they all have aspects of truth in them,but I mean if there is 1 God ,1 heaven,there must be one truth about who he is and what he requires of us.

Can you know what this absolute truth is about God ?

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass

I mean they all have aspects of truth in them,but I mean if there is 1 God ,1 heaven,there must be one truth about who he is and what he requires of us.

Nope.

For what it's worth, though, I believe that the only thing God requires of us is our existance.

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
Nope.

For what it's worth, though, I believe that the only thing God requires of us is our existance.

That's a nice position to take , but ,is that mental response or a response from something down inside your heart, the seat of who you really are.

If you have any doubts, i mean if you don't really know ,but merely taking a defensive position

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member

Can anyone know what the absolute truth is about anybody? What is absolute truth, anyway?

Peace,
Mystic

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
doppelgänger;936363 said:
The truth is whatever one decides is the "truth." That is the fundamental nature of truth.

That is so lame, tell that to a scientist who looks upon complexities of the universe within the boundaries of the laws that govern and regulate everything in this universe.

Tell him the truth of the chemical composition of oxygen are only relative ,what you choose to decide,, LOL !! LOL!!!! he'll laugh you out of the lab.

Compromise some of the absolute laws the regulate your bodily functions and see what complications you end up with.

Oh man can defy and even prolong effects of altering certain laws in the physiological makeup of living matter ,but it is inevitable that the day will come when the effects will be seen.

Your death is proof !!

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

Precisely what do you mean by "truth"?

...if there is 1 God ,1 heaven,there must be one truth about who he is and what he requires of us.

Neither you nor I nor anyone else, my dear Roli, can demonstrate or prove there is only one god and one heaven. So, it is idle to speculate there is only one god or one heaven. It follows it is also idle to speculate there is only one truth about who that god is or what that god requires of us. It would make just as much sense to spend your time wondering what an invisible, undetectable leprechaun is doing right now in your socks drawer as it makes sense to spend your time speculating about who god is and what he requires of us.

Absolutely not.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
That is so lame, tell that to a scientist who looks upon complexities of the universe within the boundaries of the laws that govern and regulate everything in this universe.

Tell a quantum physicist about your laws. He'll tell you that science tells us "reality" is composed of thoughts about reality. Your understanding of science and cognition is way out of date.

Tell him the truth of the chemical composition of oxygen are only relative ,what you choose to decide,, LOL !! LOL!!!! he'll laugh you out of the lab.

Those are scientific models. They aren't "truth." Go brush up on the scientific method, roli. Science doesn't study truth. Science studies predictive models.

Compromise some of the absolute laws the regulate your bodily functions and see what complications you end up with.

Healing the lame? Resurrections? :D

Your death is proof !!

Death is a construct as well, my friend. :peace:

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
"Absolute truth" is a relative concept, especially when it comes to God and religion.

Even science is mutable to a degree.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
That's a nice position to take , but ,is that mental response or a response from something down inside your heart, the seat of who you really are.
Which part?

If you have any doubts, i mean if you don't really know ,but merely taking a defensive position
:confused: ... I have absolutely no idea what you're trying to say....

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
Can anyone know what the absolute truth is about anybody? What is absolute truth, anyway?

If your talking about , people, that is a good question,but I am talking about God
You know we do live in a world where popular opinion claims there are no absolutes and so,we are suppose to swallow that line of thought.
The sad part is that so many people are quick to say there are no absolutes ,but does anyone take the time to think about the laws that regulate and govern life as we know it.

This is not a deep philosophical principal, for example , is there an absolute truth regarding the make up of oxygen. H20

Yes, man can alter it's composition, defy it maybe to some degree ,but in the end ,our body can only receive oygen in it's pure form, 2 parts hydrogen, 1 part oxygen.

storm2020

This is not a deep philosophical principal, for example , is there an absolute truth regarding the make up of oxygen. H20

Yes, man can alter it's composition, defy it maybe to some degree ,but in the end ,our body can only receive oygen in it's pure form, 2 parts hydrogen, 1 part oxygen.

lol! not the best example when you're trying to prove absolute truth. I think that truth is relative and there will never be any absolute truth concerning things such as god. The first post already made two assumptions which was that there was 1 god and 1 heaven. How can you know that's the absolute truth?

~Amin~

God is the King

God is the ultimate truth.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
If your talking about , people, that is a good question,but I am talking about God
You know we do live in a world where popular opinion claims there are no absolutes and so,we are suppose to swallow that line of thought.
The sad part is that so many people are quick to say there are no absolutes ,but does anyone take the time to think about the laws that regulate and govern life as we know it.

This specific assertion with bringing up the composition of water doesn't exactly help your argument. More people agree with this than they do on which scriptural authority to follow.

What is absolute truth in religion, Roli? How can it be proven?

Peace,
Mystic

storm2020

truth about god is all reflective of ones beliefs. And someone's beliefs is not an indication of truth at all. Everyone has their own beliefs about what is true about god or gods. even within religions. and no one can be proven right.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
You know we do live in a world where popular opinion claims there are no absolutes and so, we are suppose to swallow that line of thought.

Just curious, Roli, but have you actually seen any polls that suggest "popular opinion claims there are no absolutes"? I'd be willing to bet most people actually think there are absolutes, and that it is just popular opinion that popular opinion claims there are no absolutes.

The sad part is that so many people are quick to say there are no absolutes, but does anyone take the time to think about the laws that regulate and govern life as we know it.

You're standing on your head here, Roli my friend, and looking at things upside down. The laws you speak of are not "top down laws", as you suppose, but "bottom up generalizations". Nature does not follow laws. Instead, we observe that certain patterns seem to exist in Nature and we then describe those patterns as "laws". But just because we describe those patterns as laws does not in any way mean there are actual, real, laws of nature.