• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the truth about God

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
doppelgänger;936464 said:
Indeed. See if you can trick God into taking off his full-body armor so he can receive said squishy hug.

Ssssshhhhhh! Be vewwy vewwy quiet. I'm hunting God-armor.

*assumes lotus position, performs hand mudra, and chants Zung of Completely Pure and Stainless Light mantra*

He's gettin' that Big Squishy Hug when he least expects it. BOOM-chica! :hugehug:

Peace,
Mystic

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
Personally I think religious legalism/fundamentalism is Satan's greatest trick.

Oh, but the peace of knowing the absolute truth of God is a sweet sense of comfort to the soul ,although the carnal nature and humnaistic mindsets are vehemently opposed

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
Oh, but the peace of knowing the absolute truth of God is a sweet sense of comfort to the soul ,although the carnal nature and humnaistic mindsets are vehemently opposed

I don't need to know "absolute truth" to have peace or comfort.

ayani

roli said:
Is every religion, their views and pursuit of it, truth.

I mean they all have aspects of truth in them,but I mean if there is 1 God ,1 heaven,there must be one truth about who he is and what he requires of us.

Can you know what this absolute truth is about God ?

i do not think the truth of God can be confined to a specific doctrine regarding Jesus...

i don't think anyone can claim to know the absolute truth about God- we can understand something of His attributes, His essence, but not His totality or absolute being.

logician

" mean they all have aspects of truth in them,but I mean if there is 1 God ,1 heaven,there must be one truth about who he is and what he requires of us.
"

Or the truth is there is no god.

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
" mean they all have aspects of truth in them,but I mean if there is 1 God ,1 heaven,there must be one truth about who he is and what he requires of us.
"

Or the truth is there is no god.

What I speak of is not just based on notions,thoughts or simple beliefs, I beleive there fore it is, but an intimate personal experience with God

Knowing Jesus Christ as personal savior is knowing absolute truth ,until that expereince with God through Jesus ,our minds will continue to intellectualize and philosophize this truth into oblivion, all the while we as born again christians draw closer to the king as this world draws closer to the day we will all face him , willingly or unwillingly ,what a day that will be.

Wow!!!!!!! can't wait to step from this life into the one that is being prepared for me ,

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
i do not think the truth of God can be confined to a specific doctrine regarding Jesus...

i don't think anyone can claim to know the absolute truth about God- we can understand something of His attributes, His essence, but not His totality or absolute being.

The word =Jesus ,he is the personification of TRUTH
John 1:1The word was with God and the word was God.
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

ayani

The word =Jesus ,he is the personification of TRUTH
John 1:1The word was with God and the word was God.
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

perhaps. and yet even you Roli, say "personification of Truth".

yet i can not accept that this means Truth is confined to the person of Jesus, that it could not also manifest itself in the words of the Quran or the Sikh Mool Mantra.

i am not arguing that Jesus was or was not a gracious, compassionate, and holy person. and as such, that he manifested Godly qualities and instructed the poor and rich on how to draw nearer to God and be righteous. yet to argue that Jesus is and must be *it* is to deny, imo, the greater power of the Word to manifest in other forms.