• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the truth about God

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
Precisely what do you mean by "truth"?

Neither you nor I nor anyone else, my dear Roli, can demonstrate or prove there is only one god and one heaven. So, it is idle to speculate there is only one god or one heaven. It follows it is also idle to speculate there is only one truth about who that god is or what that god requires of us. It would make just as much sense to spend your time wondering what an invisible, undetectable leprechaun is doing right now in your socks drawer as it makes sense to spend your time speculating about who god is and what he requires of us.

Absolutely not.

Uh !!!! my friend ,what you are missing is far beyond your ability to comprehend with the rational mind.
I am not here to prove to you ,that God is truth, or that he exists,that's for you to discover, but he only reveals truth to those who come to him with a heart of brokenness ,trying to comprehend God in human terms will always be.. nothing but /! .' /[] // etc

Maybe that is your philosophical position and it makes sense to the mind,but God reveals himself to the human spirit and truth to those who come to him in spirit and in truth.

Maybe you have yet to receive Christ as your Savior to expereince this truth.
Maybe you will never find him or the absolute truth that is found in him.

And you therefore will only ever at best speculate on this subject.
I can only imagine the frustration the intellectual must expereince at times ,to only throw rocks at this whole subject of Christianity and never being able to come to the truth

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
That's a nice position to take , but ,is that mental response or a response from something down inside your heart, the seat of who you really are.

If you have any doubts, i mean if you don't really know ,but merely taking a defensive position
Please clarify, ROli. What exactly are you asking?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Uh !!!! my friend ,what you are missing is far beyond your ability to comprehend with the rational mind.
I am not here to prove to you ,that God is truth, or that he exists,that's for you to discover, but he only reveals truth to those who come to him with a heart of brokenness ,trying to comprehend God in human terms will always be.. nothing but /! .' /[] // etc

Maybe that is your philosophical position and it makes sense to the mind,but God reveals himself to the human spirit and truth to those who come to him in spirit and in truth.

Maybe you have yet to receive Christ as your Savior to expereince this truth.
Maybe you will never find him or the absolute truth that is found in him.

And you therefore will only ever at best speculate on this subject.
I can only imagine the frustration the intellectual must expereince at times ,to only throw rocks at this whole subject of Christianity and never being able to come to the truth

My good man, you are merely indulging yourself in speculating about what my "philosophical position" on these issues is. Let's get back to the topic.

First, precisely what do you mean by "truth"?

UnTheist

Roli, why do you deny that people's experiences with Gods other than Yahweh are just as valid as yours?

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
But how do you know that "God is the ultimate truth", my dear Amin?

I like to think ,I have lived in the world long enough and have been on both sides of the fense ,questioning,refuting ,doubting ,not ever really knowing for sure if God is what scripture claims , .... then 10 yrs ago ,I met God ,again, not in my mind,if some could only move beyond the mind, life and truth do not revolve around the mind, and God is one of them.

Wisdom,intellect ,logic and reason do not, nor ever will ,access the absolute truth of God.God tells man what their wisdom really amounts to.
But man will contiune to intellectually refute the truth of God this way and to their peers they almost sound like they know what they are talking about ,but they really don't and is mere speculation. That must be frustrating.
1Cr 1:21For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
1Cr 2:14But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know [them], because they are spiritually discerned.
1Cr 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

Pah

Uber all member
Is every religion, their views and pursuit of it, truth.

I mean they all have aspects of truth in them,but I mean if there is 1 God ,1 heaven,there must be one truth about who he is and what he requires of us.

Can you know what this absolute truth is about God ?
I have a lot of trouble finding anything of truth in any aspect of religion other than a subjective one. There ia no absolute truth in anything.

The question can not be answered.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
doppelgänger;936438 said:
He's mistaking the signs for the thing signified. It's a form of idolatry.

I suspect he's doing that because he does not have a workable notion of what "truth" is -- and what it isn't.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
I suspect he's doing that because he does not have a workable notion of what "truth" is -- and what it isn't.

I agree. This manifests itself in a variety of ways when someone confuzzles their inductive conclusions and linguistic models for "truth". First, it manifests in serious confusion about the nature and purpose of scientific method and scientific knowledge. Second, in a generally callous disrespect for the individual experiences and artistic expressions of people other than the "true" believer.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
That's a nice position to take , but ,is that mental response or a response from something down inside your heart, the seat of who you really are.

If you have any doubts, i mean if you don't really know ,but merely taking a defensive position
For the third time, roli, please clarify your question so that I can answer it.

*wonders if roli put me on ignore for some reason...*

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I like to think ,I have lived in the world long enough and have been on both sides of the fense ,questioning,refuting ,doubting ,not ever really knowing for sure if God is what scripture claims , .... then 10 yrs ago ,I met God ,again, not in my mind,if some could only move beyond the mind, life and truth do not revolve around the mind, and God is one of them.

Wisdom,intellect ,logic and reason do not, nor ever will ,access the absolute truth of God.God tells man what their wisdom really amounts to.
But man will contiune to intellectually refute the truth of God this way and to their peers they almost sound like they know what they are talking about ,but they really don't and is mere speculation. That must be frustrating.
1Cr 1:21For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
1Cr 2:14But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know [them], because they are spiritually discerned.
1Cr 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

My dear Roli, you keep assuming you know what my position on these things is. But actually, you are merely setting up a strawman position and calling it mine. Frankly, that fails to impress me. So, could you please answer two simple questions:

(1) How do you know the God you met ten years ago was Yahwah? For surely if you know the God you met was Yahwah, you know how you know it was Yahwah.

(2) At the very first moment you met God, did you think, "This is God", or was that a conclusion you reached after that first moment?