• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is your belief about homosexuality?

Homosexuality is...

• Total voters

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
I voted other as there was no selection for "natural, neither good nor bad". It is a natural orientation and I don't believe there is anything about orientations, in and of themselves, that is inherently "good" or "bad". They simply are.
Excellent.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I voted other as there was no selection for "natural, neither good nor bad". It is a natural orientation and I don't believe there is anything about orientations, in and of themselves, that is inherently "good" or "bad". They simply are.
This is why I chose indifferent

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
It's natural, but it's not good or bad. It just is. It is good though, when people are able to freely express their consensual love and attraction for another.

Just a natural variation. No good or bad involved.
You just don't look right as Curly. Your posts just don't match the slapstick that I expect seeing Curly. Unless it is Curly getting slapped by Moe, Moe being a metaphor for some of things that are said here.

Shadow Wolf

Nurture? How do you "nurture" a male whose brain is turned on by just getting a whiff of female pheromones - into Gay?
I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW!!!! You pump him full of testosterone, kill every female on the planet, pump him full of more testosterone, and then marvel at the wonder of a man who is so horny to the uptenth degree that he goes for what ever is available.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You just don't look right as Curly. Your posts just don't match the slapstick that I expect seeing Curly. Unless it is Curly getting slapped by Moe, Moe being a metaphor for some of things that are said here.
Yeah, I was trying a new look. I'd been Gandhi pretty much forever.
I could try another, any suggestions?

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW!!!! You pump him full of testosterone, kill every female on the planet, pump him full of more testosterone, and then marvel at the wonder of a man who is so horny to the uptenth degree that he goes for what ever is available.

LOL! :D

gsa

Alternatively, you can send him to prison, put him in a single-gender boarding school or restrict access to the opposite sex on penalty of death. Opportunistic homosexuality is a fairly well documented phenomenon.

Is homosexuality good? Is it bad? Is it neither? Is it a sin? Is it not a sin? Is it natural?

Just curious as to what everyone's outlook is.

I believe that it is unnatural.I am a Christian and try to adhere to the Laws of God.Even from a non religious standpoint one can see that it is not natural.If a man and another man try to procreate,they cannot.If a woman and another woman try to procreate ,they cannot.Only a man and a woman can procreate naturally.It takes a man and woman to create life naturally.

gsa

I believe that it is unnatural.I am a Christian and try to adhere to the Laws of God.Even from a non religious standpoint one can see that it is not natural.If a man and another man try to procreate,they cannot.If a woman and another woman try to procreate ,they cannot.Only a man and a woman can procreate naturally.It takes a man and woman to create life naturally.

Anything that occurs in nature is, of course, natural, and homosexuality can be found in a number of non-human species. Homosexuality does represent an evolutionary puzzle, because it is not entirely clear how such a trait would survive the evolutionary process, but there are a number of theories for why it would survive Darwinian natural selection.

What you are talking about is not nature, but teleology. There is really only one act that (imperfectly) results in procreation, but a much wider range of acts are natural. Moreover, not all things which are natural are functional. No one would suggest that an appendix is unnatural, but it is a vestigial structure that has lost most of its functionality.

Your moral and theological judgment of homosexuality has nothing to do with nature.

Shadow Wolf

Actually, plenty of species reproduce asexually. We have also documented a ton of homosexual activity in the natural world. If you say it's unnatural, you have to develop the thesis to explain how it is unnatural if so many animals do it.

Anything that occurs in nature is, of course, natural, and homosexuality can be found in a number of non-human species. Homosexuality does represent an evolutionary puzzle, because it is not entirely clear how such a trait would survive the evolutionary process, but there are a number of theories for why it would survive Darwinian natural selection.

What you are talking about is not nature, but teleology. There is really only one act that (imperfectly) results in procreation, but a much wider range of acts are natural. Moreover, not all things which are natural are functional. No one would suggest that an appendix is unnatural, but it is a vestigial structure that has lost most of its functionality.

Your moral and theological judgment of homosexuality has nothing to do with nature.

I beg to differ........ Animals are not humans.We are the only species on earth that gets to determine how many children we will have.We can choose.Another thing,animals do what they do,not because it is homosexual behavior.They do not have homosexual tendencies.When it comes down to procreation,the male goes to the female because this is natural and this is how they procreate.

Actually, plenty of species reproduce asexually. We have also documented a ton of homosexual activity in the natural world. If you say it's unnatural, you have to develop the thesis to explain how it is unnatural if so many animals do it.
It is not homosexual behavior.Animals are not human.Read post#35.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN

This reduces LOVE to broodmare and stud status.

This is just wrong, and extremely sad!

'"This line of reasoning is unsustainable. If seemingly "homosexual" acts among animals are in accordance with animal nature, then parental killing of offspring and intra-species devouring are also in accordance with animal nature. Bringing man into the equation complicates things further. Are we to conclude that filicide and cannibalism are according to human nature?"'

The Animal Homosexuality Myth
by Luiz Sérgio Solimeo

There Is No "Homosexual Instinct" In Animals
'"Anyone engaged in the most elementary animal observation is forced to conclude that animal "homosexuality," "filicide" and "cannibalism" are exceptions to normal animal behavior. Consequently, they cannot be called animal instincts. These observable exceptions to normal animal behavior result from factors beyond their instincts.

-- Clashing Stimuli and Confused Animal Instincts

To explain this abnormal behavior, the first observation must be the fact that animal instincts are not bound by the absolute determinism of the physical laws governing the mineral world. In varying degrees, all living beings can adapt to circumstances. They respond to internal or external stimuli.

Second, animal cognition is purely sensorial, limited to sound, odor, touch, taste and image. Thus, animals lack the precision and clarity of human intellectual perception. Therefore, animals frequently confuse one sensation with another or one object with another.

Third, an animal's instincts direct it towards its end and are in accordance with its nature. However, the spontaneous thrust of the instinctive impulse can suffer modifications as it runs its course. Other sensorial images, perceptions or memories can act as new stimuli affecting the animal's behavior. Moreover, the conflict between two or more instincts can sometimes modify the original impulse.

In man, when two instinctive reactions clash, the intellect determines the best course to follow, and the will then holds one instinct in check while encouraging the other. With animals that lack intellect and will, when two instinctive impulses clash, the one most favored by circumstances prevails.

At times, these internal or external stimuli affecting an animal's instinctive impulses result in cases of animal "filicide," "cannibalism" and "homosexuality."'

The Animal Homosexuality Myth
by Luiz Sérgio Solimeo

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
I beg to differ........ Animals are not humans.We are the only species on earth that gets to determine how many children we will have.We can choose.Another thing,animals do what they do,not because it is homosexual behavior.They do not have homosexual tendencies.When it comes down to procreation,the male goes to the female because this is natural and this is how they procreate.

We are definitely animals.

Classification of Living Things: Linnaean Classification of Humans