• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is your belief in regards to God?

What is your belief in regards to God?

• Total voters

Gambit

What is your belief in regards to God? Is it theistic, atheistic, or agnostic? (Please explain why for your choice.)

I am a theist because I believe "God" qualifies as the only explanation to the mystery of existence.

Last edited:

Forgemaster

Heretic
I was a Christian, I believed in God. But nothing ever happened no matter how much I tried to please him, I just wanted to know he was there and that his love is real. But it's not. I'm not so sure he is. I'm looking for answers and am finding them, but I do not believe in Christ

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Voted 'theist' cause I'm a panentheist. Based on your sig quote, I'd say so are you.

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
I'm a Panentheist, but I'm also agnostic. If there was an "other" option, I would choose that one.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
What is your belief in regards to God? Is it theistic, atheistic, or agnostic? (Please explain why for your choice.)

I am a theist because I believe "God" qualifies as the only explanation to the mystery of existence.

I am an atheist. I believe no god-entities exist.

I picked "other" because what others as a whole define as God, I define as life. I took out the personification of life and our interactions with it and just leave it at its bare bones.

I see life as god because I am a part of life. We make up what life or the natural world is. I am a part of god. When I love life and living it, I interact with people better and Im myself. When I am a part of god and live in god, I interact wih people and myself better. The word god makes conversations easier where I live. But if I had a choice in terms, it would be life.

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
Well, you can believe without knowing. So, it is not inherently contradictory.

Exactly.

In fact, I would even go as far as to say that agnostic a/theism are the only real logical conclusions, but that's neither here nor there (and can be a controversial statement depending on who listens).

Gambit

Exactly.

In fact, I would even go as far as to say that agnostic a/theism are the only real logical conclusions, but that's neither here nor there (and can be a controversial statement depending on who listens).

Well, someone might identify as a "gnostic" (as someone who knows).

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
Is that what Vedantism teaches?

I don't want to derail your thread further, so I'll say this:

It depends on the tradition and the individual. Based on what I've been personally taught, and from what my tradition teaches, I fully believe in God, but I still cannot be 100% sure.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Another pantheist here. It wasn't in the voting options so I picked 'Theist'.