• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is your daily private computer?

Draka

Wonder Woman
Regular ol' Dell Inspiron desktop computer. Big monitor though. Nice for movies and gaming.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Plain vanilla "gamer/graphic" PC. :)

I use it for web work with Dreamweaver (I've taken to writing directly in Dreamweaver, rather than composing in MS Word lately), Graphics with Photoshop CS2 and a host of other graphics toys, rendering video, rendering music files, smurfing the interweb thingy and I also run a "bot" in Diablo II: LoD (It's really the only way to reach the highest levels without going insane.)

The poor thing is always doing something, but I organize tasks so that I don't get stuck in front of the screen. If you see me on RF, for hours on end, I've simply forgotten to close FireFaux.

rsd

ACBSP77
Blackberry phone
I had a blackberry bold 9700. Traded it for an Android a couple of months ago. The difference is day and night. If you use a phone for a computer, an Android phone is the way to go. Everyone at work has iphones. My Android is bigger and they all seem to want one for their next phone. Either way, for INTERNET use, an iphone or Android is so much better. My wife has a blackberry. She is holding out, hoping that Blackberry will come up with something faster.

Onkara

I had a blackberry bold 9700. Traded it for an Android a couple of months ago. The difference is day and night. If you use a phone for a computer, an Android phone is the way to go. Everyone at work has iphones. My Android is bigger and they all seem to want one for their next phone. Either way, for INTERNET use, an iphone or Android is so much better. My wife has a blackberry. She is holding out, hoping that Blackberry will come up with something faster.

What model is the Android?

rsd

ACBSP77
Yeah. A friend picked it out for me this summer.

I had desktop computers for years but they were so noisy. Great big old fan blowing all the time. Plus the portability of laptops is so handy, besides being quiet. I take mine to work everyday.

rsd

ACBSP77
What model is the Android?

The Android is the engine. There are a lot of phone companies that put that engine into their phones. I have an HTC Inspire. Samsung is a different company and I thing right now their Android phone is the biggest and best. The screen is super nice. Crystal clear. And I am sure other phone manufactures use the Android engine in their phones. I am an ATT user. But all carriers have their particular Android based phones that they sell. I have an unlimited data plan. That is the way to go. Then you don't have to worry about something being left on. If I didn't have the unlimited plan, I would certainly have a serious discussion with my carrier about what to expect. It's just that I notice with my phone that a lot of things seems to be left on, such an websites I visited. So if it were me and I didn't have an unlimited data plan, I would definitely check into it first.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
rsd I have the Android Captivate (and ATT). I agree with you about the Android and internet usage - it's great. Beautiful big screen and crystal clear image.

Draka

Wonder Woman
I had desktop computers for years but they were so noisy. Great big old fan blowing all the time. Plus the portability of laptops is so handy, besides being quiet. I take mine to work everyday.

If your fan was noisy then it just needed cleaned most likely. Mine is so whisper quiet you have to get down near the tower and really listen for it. My husband's was really noisy and he just cleaned it and now it's like mine. Hardly noticeable.

A regular desktop is fine for me. I am a SAHM so it's not like I have to have my computer everywhere I go (it's not like I'm ever going anywhere :p ) and I am a gamer and (at least in my opinion) a desktop is simply better for that than a laptop.

rsd

ACBSP77
rsd I have the Android Captivate (and ATT). I agree with you about the Android and internet usage - it's great. Beautiful big screen and crystal clear image.

Yeah, and I just can't imagine what they will be like in 2 years when I upgrade again. And I love all the apps.