• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is your greatest hope?

lunamoth

Will to love
That each day the amount of loving compassion in the world gets bigger. You know, that widows and orphans and world peace thing.

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
*Paul* said:
Who said i'll be watching God execute His righteous judgement on those who hate Him? I'll be praising Him I think my focus will be all on Him and those nail scarred hands and pierced side which shows His love for man.

Oh, so a girl who licks another girl and two adults who sleep together hate God? I could think of many things to say against you, many of which will get me in trouble with the Moderators. But you are not worth it. All I will say is that your words make me want to vomit.

Anti-World

Fulfilling the goal of life is my task whether I choose it or not.

If life is here to reproduce and expand then I hope homosexuals die.

If life is here to serve the universe, then I hope for enslavement.

If life is here to end, then I hope we die.

If life is here as a playground of men then I hope we play.

But I hope, most of all, it is none but the last and that we learn to play without hurting ourselves and each other.

Panda

42?
Premium Member
I would love to know where you got that idea sunstone. Hehe makes me laugh every time I picture it

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I would love to know where you got that idea sunstone. Hehe makes me laugh every time I picture it

Leonne gave me the idea. She's one of the most charming members of RF, but has been largely absent recently due to having just had a baby.

Sonic247

(quick eschatology note
rapture= living and dead believers receive glorified bodies/ caught up together (in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, ect..) to be with Jesus and each other forever. )

Sonic247

The thing I want most of all is God's mercy for myself and others, in this life and the next. To walk before God with a good conscience and a pure heart and to understand who he is.

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
Sonic said:
(quick eschatology note
rapture= living and dead believers receive glorified bodies/ caught up together (in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, ect..) to be with Jesus and each other forever. )

So there is no pouring of God's wrath upon the unbelievers?

Sonic247

Well the tribulation happens some time after the rapture (from the premillenialist viewpoint), maybe immediatly but not neccasarily, the tribulation will be a bad time, even worse than now, but it's not the rapture and the rapture isn't the cause of it, and people will still turn to God during the tribulation. So saying that someone who is looking forward to the rapture is looking forward to people dying isn't really fair because that's not what the rapture is. Alot of people may die after the rapture, but people are dying today and that doesn't stop people from wanting things.

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
Sonic said:
Well the tribulation happens some time after the rapture (from the premillenialist viewpoint), maybe immediatly but not neccasarily, the tribulation will be a bad time, even worse than now, but it's not the rapture and the rapture isn't the cause of it, and people will still turn to God during the tribulation. So saying that someone who is looking forward to the rapture is looking forward to people dying isn't really fair because that's not what the rapture is. Alot of people may die after the rapture, but people are dying today and that doesn't stop people from wanting things.

The question wasn't if people were going to die, but if God is going to be the one killing them?

Sonic247

No the question was if the rapture was the pouring out of God's wrath on believers, which it isn't although you accused someone who said thay were looking forward to the rapture of looking forward to people dying which was a false accusation, and that's not what this thread is about.

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
Sonic said:
No the question was if the rapture was the pouring out of God's wrath on believers, which it isn't although you accused someone who said thay were looking forward to the rapture of looking forward to people dying which was a false accusation, and that's not what this thread is about.

Sorry for changing the topic, I merely want to get this straight. You said that the rapture itself was not a slaughter, fair enough. However, you seem to be saying that after the rapture many, many people will die. Am I correct? If I am, then saying you wish for the rapture to come (which *Paul* did) is like saying I will have all my wishes fulfilled, yet billions of people will die as soon as my dream is fulfilled. How can anyone still want the rapture if it is going to lead to the death of so many people? That is cruel and uncaring.

Sonic247

We are all going to die someday. Unless we are alive when the rapture happens then we will just be changed. From your point of veiw there is nothing left past this life but from ours it is just as bad to have lived in this time and die without Christ then it would be in the rapture. But I don't think he was thinking about the tribulation when he said about the rapture, just about having a body free from sickness, being reunited with loved ones and having no more struggle with sin which isn't a bad thing to look forward to. The rapture doesn't lead to the tribulation it just happen to happen before it, it could be years before it starts or it might be right away, but if someone is telling you Jesus died for your sin and they disappear believe them then you can be with us playing ping pong in paradise, but you'll have to die the old fashion way and probably live during the tribulation. We want as many people to go to Heaven as possible, what better witness can we give then tell people what the Bible says (including the rapture) and living it ourselves (including disappearing during the rapture) the problems of the tribulation aren't caused by us there caused by man continually hating God, but if they see us disappear maybe they will change their minds, so the rapture doesn't lead to destruction- the tribulations coming anyway, getting to skip it is just another benefit of the rapture- if we were here we probably wouldn't do much good anyway we would just be beheaded for not worshipping the beast.

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
It was plain and simple, my greatest hope is the blessed hope, seeing my Lord and being with Him and all the bliss that ensues. This hope is based on the promise of God so it is a reasonable hope and not pie in the sky.
The great tribulation was not even in my mind then Darkness tried to make me say things I never even mentioned or even thought of.

That is not a good way to start a debate or discussion.