• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is your opinion on mandatory prayer in schools

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
OOH! OOH! I know! We could not teach ANY religion in public school classrooms! That's it! That way, we don't have to worry about some religions getting taught and others left in the cold. You are right that we can't teach them ALL, so why not refrain from...gosh what's the best way to put it...refrain from making a law respecting an establishment of religion! That way you'd have your government, like the "state", over here and your religion, like the "church", over here and they'd be...I don't know, like seperate. I think that's probably the only way to be fair and equal under the law.

I think you're confusing teaching religion with teaching ABOUT religion.

Schools have a responsibility to teach children about the world, and you can't do that while leaving something as important to history and culture as religion.

However, it belongs in philosophy and history classes. (Again, ABOUT religion.)