• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What languages do you speak?

Herr Heinrich

Student of Mythology
I wouldnt say that iam amazing, all the languages i learned i had to learn if i wanted to be part of society. ;)
Yes i learned Hochdeutsch in school here in germany. Weird language...

No iam not an interpreter, just mute since iam 6 years old.

Ah! That makes sense that you know those various forms of sign language.
Hoch Deutsch is not weird, madam. It is proper. Austrian is weird. So is Bayerisch yet I still love it. I also like Badisch.

Flankerl

Ah! That makes sense that you know those various forms of sign language.
Hoch Deutsch is not weird, madam. It is proper. Austrian is weird. So is Bayerisch yet I still love it. I also like Badisch.

Bayrisch is almost like Tirolerisch in some ways.

Oh g'd finnish. Suomi, the most evil language of the world. I always have to think about Eläkeläiset when i remember that this language still exists.

Herr Heinrich

Student of Mythology
Bayrisch is almost like Tirolerisch in some ways.

Oh g'd finnish. Suomi, the most evil language of the world. I always have to think about Eläkeläiset when i remember that this language still exists.

I will have to youtube them. What is wrong with Finnish? I also want to learn the Bohemian dialect of Czech if that makes you feel any better.

Songbird

She rules her life like a bird in flight
I spent a summer in Tanzania and had a grasp of basic Swahili, but that was 14 years ago and I've forgotten most of it. Took Latin and Greek in high school, and I know a smattering of Spanish thanks to high school as well. Really, all I've mastered is English, and most of the time not fluently.

Herr Heinrich

Student of Mythology
I spent a summer in Tanzania and had a grasp of basic Swahili, but that was 14 years ago and I've forgotten most of it. Took Latin and Greek in high school, and I know a smattering of Spanish thanks to high school as well. Really, all I've mastered is English, and most of the time not fluently.

Your high school offered Greek?

Songbird

She rules her life like a bird in flight
Your high school offered Greek?

My high school of home education did. :) I was homeschooled for several years, went to public high school my junior and senior year. Doesn't work for all, but I absolutely loved choosing my own subjects - astronomy, physics, Latin and Greek, ballet, violin lessons.

Not using any of that currently.

Herr Heinrich

Student of Mythology
My high school of home education did. :) I was homeschooled for several years, went to public high school my junior and senior year. Doesn't work for all, but I absolutely loved choosing my own subjects - astronomy, physics, Latin and Greek, ballet, violin lessons.

Not using any of that currently.

Nice!! It would have been cool to have chosen my own subjects.

Klaufi_Wodensson

Vinlandic Warrior
Finnish people aren't allowed in Estonia (I think it's Estonia at least.) It's because they get drunk and break stuff. So no invitation! haha

Or maybe it's Estonians not being allowed in Finland? Gah I've forgotten

Last edited:

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
I speak English sans identifiable accent.

I can speak and read some French but not very well. I studied French for three years in high school and much of what I learned stayed with me because I love the language but I doubt I could carry on a conversation.

I could order cheese and ask for directions if I were to go to Paris. :)

I know a little German - remembered all the songs I learned in school, oddly enough.

Last edited:

blackout

Violet.
I speak the languages of English and Music fluently, and even with personal style.

(though in Music I'm more stylistically flexible)