• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What religion are you?

Please read the first post before answering

• Total voters

maggie2

Midnight Blue:

Can you tell me about what other kind of Quaker there is besides Christian? I didn't realize that there were other types. And additionally, do you know of anywhere on the web that I could read about these other types of Quakers. I'm asking because I find this very interesting. Thanks.

anders

This is really material for a magnificent rant.

Suffice it to say that if I found somebody defining a religion sufficiently close to my philosophy of life (and don't ask me to define even 'philosophy'), I would immediately change my views, in order to be different like all others.

Being (I think) rather close to ancient (philosophical) Daoism, there's just 'other' for me.

Granny Beth

Pagan. Well, witch actually. I don't use the term "wiccan" because it has shades of meaning that doesn't quite fit me.

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
Granny Beth said:
Pagan. Well, witch actually. I don't use the term "wiccan" because it has shades of meaning that doesn't quite fit me.

Welcome to RF Granny Beth. :) Good to have you.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Darkdale said:
Well, if you were ashamed of it, do you think you'd still be it? :rolleyes:
This relates to a thread I started a while back. an inside joke. A few people in here I'm sure "got it" :p

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
jgallandt said:
This relates to a thread I started a while back. an inside joke. A few people in here I'm sure "got it" :p

Gotcha... :) Would be interesting to see someone ashamed of their religion though. That'd make for an interesting thread in and of itself.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Darkdale said:
Gotcha... :) Would be interesting to see someone ashamed of their religion though. That'd make for an interesting thread in and of itself.
It was. :eek:

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Well, the only "Eastern" religion listed is Buddhism, which used to be huge till Mao's revolution. Which box should Hindus check?

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
I'm UU.

Islam is the religion I have studied most and deeply respect- but I am in no way a conventional Muslim. I love the message of Islam; the oneness of G-d, charity, caring for others, respect for everyone- including yourself, but I don't believe it has anymore worth than any other religion or is more divine or what have you... all religions were organised by humans (though inspired) and all have good messages in them.