• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What religion would you pick?

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
You are reversing what i say with your impressions of things...(BAD-GOOD?)....sorry not good on traditions passed down....

Do people around the world follow and worship (mammon) "I Am" principle after drinking the blood (wine-Alcohol) of the dead “lord of the dance”?

Do they make little replicas?

What is meant too fix this?
Kali is NOT drinking Shiva's blood. You can NOT equate her with whatever it is you have against Holy Communion.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Why Catholicism Dawny? :)

To convert to Catholicism, I would need to make quite a few changes in my life and would need to accept a different definition of "church" and "body" and intercessory prayer.

Other than that...not much would change. I'm often frustrated and confused by religion, doctrine and church tradition but I am a Trinitarian Christian and sometimes I feel a pull towards Catholicism.

It really wouldn't shock me if I decide to eventually embrace it. I know that I could never convert to a religion, where Christ is not present. And I can't reject the trinity.

If I don't explore Catholicism...I will probably remain a Protestant and will visit different Protestant churches. I really appreciate Lutheran and Pentecostal worship services. I just need to find a church home.

Bishka

Veteran Member
To convert to Catholicism, I would need to make quite a few changes in my life and would need to accept a different definition of "church" and "body" and intercessory prayer.

Other than that...not much would change. I'm often frustrated and confused by religion, doctrine and church tradition but I am a Trinitarian Christian and sometimes I feel a pull towards Catholicism.

It really wouldn't shock me if I decide to eventually embrace it. I know that I could never convert to a religion, where Christ is not present. And I can't reject the trinity.

If I don't explore Catholicism...I will probably remain a Protestant and will visit different Protestant churches. I really appreciate Lutheran and Pentecostal worship services. I just need to find a church home.

That's beuatiful. I've often felt a certain kinship towards Catholicism and Eastern Orthodox, if I were ever to embrace a different Christian tradition, those would be it, that at Quakerism.

By god i've had no hinduism converters. Sad. Come on. It's easier to be hindu. There are no rules, they are all optional really.

Wizanda. For the last time, Kali maa doesent drink alcohol or blood. She was like that to scare. She got head over heels about herself, then she got humbled by Shiv, when he had a go at her.

logician

If I didn't believe in Jesus or his church. I would probably go by my own religion or set of beliefs and rules. Which for me would be no rules at all. I would probably sleep with as many people as I cared too, cheat, steal, do hardcore drugs and even kill anyone who gets in my way. After all, you only live once, eat drink and be Merry, might as well live it up, who cares about others they are only a speck in the universe . I sure as hell wouldn't care. thank God for my Catholic faith I guess. If not for †hat I'd be one rotton SOB. LOL!

Xians have no corner on morality, Xians have killed and tortured millions over the last 2 millinea. One need not live in fear to be moral.

DavyCrocket2003

Very interesting question (refering to the OP)...
I can't really see myself ever leaving LDS. Now suppose it suddenly vanished for some reason, I would have to find something. In that case, I would probably become a Catholic. I have attended catholic services before and really enjoyed them. I really think I would fit in well.

I also find Bhudhism attractive. If I left Christianity I would become Bhudist, or maybe Muslim, or Jewish. Dratt! There are too many good choices!

groovyable

Well im a Bible student with the Jehovah Witnesses, use to attend the methodist church when i was younger. Plus ive look into other religions such as LDS, Buddhism, Sikhism and Hare Krishna - KC and Tao... yet i am still searching, i find that you do not choose a religion and that you don't 'convert'; i feel that you become more knowledgeable.

The only way i could change my current beliefs which are mainly JW, is that if someone came to me and pointed out logically / convince me where i am going wrong. Or if i just lose faith... Yet the only other faith that really interests me, apart from true Christainty is Sikhism.

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
If I'm no longer labelled as a Hindu I will still live according to the teachings of Sanathan Dharma (Eternal Religion). One cannot convert from that because it is a way of life. :) For me, being spiritual is more important than religious labels anyway.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
At the moment, I'd convert to Judaism. The community seems to churn out the best comedians. ;)

No, but seriously, I'd convert to Judaism. I am drawn to the rich and long-standing tradition.

Peace,
Mystic

Lindsey-Loo

Steel Magnolia
If I had to pick a second religion, Taoism seems pretty cool. We're studying it in school right now, and I really like the sound of it.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I don't see me changing faiths, but I am closest to a Jew. I have been to Jewish Synagogues and find them very good .

Aasimar

Atheist
If you dared to convert, what religion would you choose to be with and why?
I would chooose Buddhism, its simple, no attachment.
e

Well mine wouldn't be so much a conversion, as Atheism is not a religion, but I'll bite.

Realistically I would probably go with deism, but I don't really consider that to be a religion either (No book, no buildings, no ceremonies in spite of what big dumb moron Mitt Romney said in his speech.)

I guess I'd have to go with Taoism. I don't know why, it's more a philosophy then a religion but there is a religious aspect to it (deities etc.) I just always liked it. Lao Tzu translates really weirdly into English, maybe that's why lol.