• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What should be done with Saddam Hussein?

Ori

Angel slayer
I know most responses will be of the execution side, but would you be the one to do it?
If not, then what would you have done with him?

jewscout

Religious Zionist
EnhancedSpirit said:
Sorry JS, this is a NT verse. The point is no one is free of sin, right? Who are we to judge?
:rolleyes: i know EnhancedSpirit...it was a poor attempt at humor...

you know "let he who knows no sin, cast the first stone." But who should do the casting for the part of the stone? get it??? ............ ok nevermind it was a bad joke:D

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
jewscout said:
i know EnhancedSpirit...it was a poor attempt at humor...

you know "let he who knows no sin, cast the first stone." But who should do the casting for the part of the stone? get it??? ............ ok nevermind it was a bad joke
I get it :jiggy: :biglaugh: :jiggy:

retrorich

SUPER NOT-A-MOD

That should be up to the citizens of Iraq to decide. The U.S. had no right to capture him in the first place--and has no right to decide his fate.

Melody

robtex said:
that is pretty funny coming from you! Maybe we should just let the experts field this one. He is a citizen of iraq not a US citizen. Their court thier country their ballgame.
He might rather the U.S. decide than his own people. Victims generally are not able to give a just sentence since their justice has an unhealthy infusion of vengeance making the consequences far more brutal than the crime.

Then again....that may not be possible with Hussein given his record of genocide.

anders

retrorich said:

That should be up to the citizens of Iraq to decide. The U.S. had no right to capture him in the first place--and has no right to decide his fate.
Agree on both counts.

Fat Old Sun

Melody said:
He might rather the U.S. decide than his own people. Victims generally are not able to give a just sentence since their justice has an unhealthy infusion of vengeance making the consequences far more brutal than the crime.

Then again....that may not be possible with Hussein given his record of genocide.
Excellent point. The Iraqi people may be much quicker to say "Off with his head" than we would.

pdoel

retrorich said:

I agree 100% Rich! Besides, Saddam has tortured the people of Iraq for many years. I think it's only fair that his fate should now be in their hands. Not ours.

Fowvay

Personally I am conflicted because I believe we should have assanated him when George senor went into Iraq the first time.

However since that did not happen and since we had no right to go into Iraq this time, that means we have no rights to have captured Sadam. We should return him to his people and let them decide his fate. We have no rights to be the judge and jury on this one since the pain and suffering he caused wasnt inflicted on us.

Tom aka Fowvay

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
Fowvay said:
Personally I am conflicted because I believe we should have assanated him when George senor went into Iraq the first time...
Tom! Congrats on finding your way here. It's like Hot Topics on crack.:biglaugh: George senior didn't have a mandate to topple/kill/capture Saddam and would have sparked world-wide outrage if he had. George II felt as if he had a mandate, and as we've discussed, I would now conclude he did not and that we should not have invaded.

Wow! This is like NewBeetle does RF! Four of us in a row! :D

retrorich

SUPER NOT-A-MOD
Fowvay said:
Personally I am conflicted because I believe we should have assanated him when George senor went into Iraq the first time.

However since that did not happen and since we had no right to go into Iraq this time, that means we have no rights to have captured Sadam. We should return him to his people and let them decide his fate. We have no rights to be the judge and jury on this one since the pain and suffering he caused wasnt inflicted on us.

Tom aka Fowvay
I agree, Fowvay. Good post! frubals to you.