• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What time do you usually get up?

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
Lately, about 1:30pm, or what you might call 13:30.

When school starts, I'll be getting up sooner though, around 9:00 am or 09:00 on mondays and wednesdays, but could sleep in until 12:00 on fridays and even until 13:00 on tuesdays and thursdays if I wanted. I bet my sleep patterns will be significantly improved soon though, so I won't be staying up until 06:00 every night/morning; then I won't need to sleep in so late.

TheKnight

Guardian of Life
I usually go to sleep at 0200 and wake up a 0700...On Friday nights I go to sleep at 0000 and wake up at 0500.

I generally don't sleep much.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
About 7:15 or so. The kKids harass me. :D
And I'm one of those people who can't stay in bed too long, because they end up with a headache o_o

Phasmid

Mr Invisible
I can't believe how little sleep some of you get... I can easily go 12 hours.

Don't you wake up and think, "It's nice and warm here and it's cold out there... do I want to get up or do I..." *sleep*

I'd love to be an early riser who only needs a few hours. I wake up usually after 5 - 7 hours of sleep, but I tend to think, "Well... I feel awake now, but if I get up I'll probably feel dead at lunchtime and then I'll mess up my sleep even more". Considering that some of you go 5 hours or so... perhaps I should try getting up when I wake up.

Is the whole 8 hours a night thing just a misunderstanding of research much like the 8 glasses of water a day?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I usually go to bed around 11 and get up around 5:30.

You're so conventional, Kathryn.;)

Me, I have no biological clock left at all. On worknights I get up at 1700, but, save this single organizing factor, I nap when I'm sleepy, eat when I'm hungry, and generally have no pattern to my life.

Oh, and did I mention I'm unmarried? :rolleyes:

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
Is the whole 8 hours a night thing just a misunderstanding of research much like the 8 glasses of water a day?
I thought the 8 hour thing was an age-thing :shrug:

Babies and old people sleep more than 8 hours, people around 20 years old sleep a lot less.

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
am or pm, te_lanus?
Use international time, por favor, a 24h clock.

I don't get the Am/PM anyway.. I mean, I know what they stand for, but why people still use them. I can't see one disadvantage in using the 24 hour system.

To me, it just smells "stubborness".. :beach:

Up at 5.30 on a work day, but usually about 8am when I'm off, I generally go to bed between midnight and 2am.

Mr Cheese

get up between 05:30 and 07:00..... bed around 00:00, it would be nicer to sleep more...

I dont know iif this is true, but I believe, the younger you are the more you actually need sleep but are less likely to have it. COnversly the older you are the less sleep you actually need; but often get more. By "need" I mean to stay healthy...

cardero

Citizen Mod
When I started working midnights again, I thought I could slip back into the 08:00-16:00. 09:00-17:00 thing but I was sadly mistaken. For the last three years I had been forced to sleep in shifts (08:30-12:30 and again 16:00-20:30). This had been hit and miss and for some days, I either had to go to work on 4 hours sleep or call out sick or vacation. It is only recently that I have been staying up to 12:30 and sleeping till 20:30. This routine seems to be working out okay, I am just amazed that it took me three years to get there.