• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What to answer when someone ask , Who are you?

Jedster

Simple. "I am I"

Yes, should be enough.
Reminds me of this:
Once when I was entering Singapore,the customs person asked for my ID.
I said why do you need to see some paper when I am standing in right here in front of you.
He smiled, agreed and then asked again to see my ID.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Yes, should be enough.
Reminds me of this:
Once when I was entering Singapore,the customs person asked for my ID.
I said why do you need to see some paper when I am standing in right here in front of you.
He smiled, agreed and then asked again to see my ID.

I see it as a global expansion to say i am all that i am, unique to me, just like everyone else is unique to themselves.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Who is asking?
Depends on the belief of the questioner. In advaita and in the higher level of reality (Parmarthika), the question does not exist. No questioner, no answerer. Questions and answers, questioners and answerers belong to the lower level of reality, to 'maya' (Vyavaharika).

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I have heard of this before :)
I think that my own problem with finding the answer to Who am I, lay within the reason of, I do not believe in my self, for many years I have had a very low view of what I can and can not do. So in my mind, it has often been "I will fail if I try" because for so many years I was told by others I was a failure. But my "new goal" is to not look at my past, but only focus on what is happening today, and maybe a few days ahead. so all the negative from the past does not get hold of me anymore.
Overcoming the failure message can be hard. My wife's mother was an alcoholic who gave my wife years of negative messages. Fortunately in her case, her father balanced that with affirming messages.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Overcoming the failure message can be hard. My wife's mother was an alcoholic who gave my wife years of negative messages. Fortunately in her case, her father balanced that with affirming messages.
To have someone in the family with alcohol problem is not easy. Luckely for me i do not drink alcohol at all :)
I having a better day today :) i guess it can be seen in my posting today :)

Last edited:

Jesuslightoftheworld

The world has nothing to offer us!
I am a child of God that was created and has a purpose in life and gifts from God to use for His good. I belong to Him and I am loved unconditionally and nothing can separate me from Him.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I am a child of God that was created and has a purpose in life and gifts from God to use for His good. I belong to Him and I am loved unconditionally and nothing can separate me from Him.
Not to take anything away from you. But may I ask how you know God love you unconditional even if you were to do something wrong according to scripture.