• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What was Jesus' faith?

What was Jesus' faith?

• Christian

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jewish

Votes: 16 55.2%
  • Islamic

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Pagan

• Left Hand Path

• Athiest

• Agnostic

• Other

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Jesus was guilty of heresy

• I do not know, but wanted to vote anyway.

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
Jesus was Jew. He was born a Jew, taught as a Jew, and died as a Jew. Performing miracles was not uncommon in that time. What would have been uncommon is that a peasant was performing them. It was still fully acceptable in the Jewish faith though as there were other faith healers who performed so called miracles.

Baydwin

I voted Jewish, his movement wasn't really all that different to John the Baptist's or Simon of Gitta's at the time he was alive.

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
Presumably, he also believed in himself and considered himself to be God. Wouldn't that make him a Christian?
Not at all. It is highly doubtful that he considered himself God. There are passages that elude to it, but those are not considered authentic to Jesus.

Christianity existed as a form of Judaism for quite some time. In reality, Jesus never even created a new religion. He had kept with the Jewish tradition. After the crucifixion (which I think it the most logical place to stop his life story at), nothing special happened. It wasn't as if over night Christianity sprung up. Instead, the followers of Jesus were still Jews.

At the time of his death, he was not considered divine. It was not until later that that idea took hold.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Jesus was a follower of Sanatan Dharma of course!
That is why Indian wise men visited him, why he travelled to India during the missing years and then lived until old age in India. He was a serious Yogi, that guy :D

berrychrisc

Devotee of the Immaculata
That is why Indian wise men visited him, why he travelled to India during the missing years and then lived until old age in India. He was a serious Yogi, that guy :D

I had read that the wise men were from India, and that Jesus went to India to study. I just finished The Yoga of Jesus, and the Eastern view of Christ is very compelling.

Metempsychosis

Reincarnation of 'Anti-religion'
I had read that the wise men were from India, and that Jesus went to India to study. I just finished The Yoga of Jesus, and the Eastern view of Christ is very compelling.

Were not those Wise men (i.e Magi) actually Zoroastrians from Persia?:confused:

Hinduism is one of the religion that allows a man to say that he is God.Jesus said "I and my father are One"..a reflection of yogic consciousness.

But I dont think Jesus was a Buddhist,because Buddhists being non-thiests tend to use some kind of negative language ( like Void,non-self ,etc) to describe the reality.

Last edited by a moderator:

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Sounds good to me. :D

I see Hindu and/or Buddhist influences in Jesus' message, personally. :)