• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What was last movie you watched?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Interstellar. It seemed like they just happened to watch a Stephen Hawking documentary, put what they remembered about relativity, and made into such a movie that Nicholas Cage could have done the exact same thing as mcconaughey. and the director and editors really need to learn about these things called "transitions."
The Blues Brothers, which is always awesome.
Animatrix, for the first time in many years (actually since I got it many years ago, and had it long enough to watch it once before my mom took it). I've come to realize I only like the first ones, Second Renaissance Pt. 1 and 2, and the one that comes after it. None of the others (or at least until I fell asleep) were even anime style animation, but typical American comic style. The detective story was really cool though.
Jim Breuer: And Laughter for All. Probably my single favorite stand-up special. The opening about heavy metal music is hilarious. "Release the Slayer fans" is about accurate, lol!
Super Troopers is on my list to watch next. Or maybe one of the other things I've just noticed on Netflix. But definitely Super Troopers.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Avengers : Age of Ultron.

I liked it. I mean, I'm geeky enough to get into superheroes. But I'm not exactly a fanboy. The guys I went with were horrified I hadn't seen the first Avengers movie, but let me off when I said I'd seen the various X-men movies, and had read a few comics when growing up.
(trying to establish my street geek-cred...lol...)

I enjoyed it. Also, Scarlett Johansson in leather pants. For those more interested in the menfolk, Thor shows off his guns. Metaphorically speaking.

dust1n

Zindīq
Chinatownposter1.jpg

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
1986. Straight to Hell with Courtney love.

"I'm just a girrlllllll.... l!!!!" ×0)

You know what you are blondie?

And Karl......

KARLS DISCO WIENER HAVEN:

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
I watched Ex Machina. It was good and did raise a lot of questions, but it's somewhat confusing at times and apparently the filmmaker just wants you to make up your own mind when it comes to the confusing parts. However, I didn't like the ending and don't like it when filmmakers play games with their audience like that.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Hercules. It's not bad. Not a great movie, but not bad. It kinda seems like Dwayne Johnson wanted to a second chance at something like The Scorpion King that doesn't suck. And, as an actor, he has come a very long way and has improved tremendously since then.
John Wicks. While I don't think Keanu Reeves is nearly as bad as what people say, and I thought he was really good in movies like The Watcher or Constantine, this movie is lame. Definitely one those "I've already seen it a hundred times" sorta flicks. The way they done subtitles in this movie would have worked much better for Bill and Ted. But having a Marilyn Manson song is cool. And the scene I just saw, I can't help but think "And that dumb son of a ***** just now pulled out his backup gun?" Oh well, I've seen much worse and this one isn't having me groaning like some movies have.
Next on the list is The Spirit and Sin City 2.
Although not a movie, I did watch Mortal Kombat Legacy. Christopher Lambert is still the best Raiden so far, but Legacy is easily the best Mortal Kombat live-action made, and was rather quite enjoyable. Too bad they weren't able to make it into full length movies. It could have easily become the shinning point of games-made-into-movies.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
I watched Ex Machina. It was good and did raise a lot of questions, but it's somewhat confusing at times and apparently the filmmaker just wants you to make up your own mind when it comes to the confusing parts. However, I didn't like the ending and don't like it when filmmakers play games with their audience like that.
Actually, I change my opinion. The more I think about it, the more I think the movie was overrated and boring. Very slow, not much going on and an unnecessarily confusing plot. All the things it made me think about are topics I already think about when it comes to AI. Now I just can't wait for Terminator Genisys (Arnold, my man!).

On the other hand, I finally watched Frozen and I LOVED it. Definitely one to buy. :D

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Hercules. It's not bad. Not a great movie, but not bad. It kinda seems like Dwayne Johnson wanted to a second chance at something like The Scorpion King that doesn't suck. And, as an actor, he has come a very long way and has improved tremendously since then.
John Wicks. While I don't think Keanu Reeves is nearly as bad as what people say, and I thought he was really good in movies like The Watcher or Constantine, this movie is lame. Definitely one those "I've already seen it a hundred times" sorta flicks. The way they done subtitles in this movie would have worked much better for Bill and Ted. But having a Marilyn Manson song is cool. And the scene I just saw, I can't help but think "And that dumb son of a ***** just now pulled out his backup gun?" Oh well, I've seen much worse and this one isn't having me groaning like some movies have.
Next on the list is The Spirit and Sin City 2.
Although not a movie, I did watch Mortal Kombat Legacy. Christopher Lambert is still the best Raiden so far, but Legacy is easily the best Mortal Kombat live-action made, and was rather quite enjoyable. Too bad they weren't able to make it into full length movies. It could have easily become the shinning point of games-made-into-movies.
I loved the Hercules movie with the Rock and John Wick. Poor Keanu is so underrated as an actor.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Wolf Children, its sad, its nice, its interesting, I liked it

And you can watch it too, the full movie is on youtube

gnomon

The Counterfeiters.......

A story about the Nazi attempt to counterfeit British Sterling during WWII and ultimately the U.S. dollar........

It's a story about how the Jewish prisoners enforced to do the work sabotaged attempts to counterfeit the U.S. dollar in the waning days of WWII. Based upon the actual recollections of one of the Jewish printers in that camp who went on to being one of the earliest documentarians of the Holocaust.

Great story based upon an even greater actual tale.

Shadow Wolf

I've been watching too much DS9 to watch any movies. But enough DS9 to wonder why they never made a DS9 movie. You can tell Data was aging in the last TNG movie (and Brent Spinner has said, because of this, he will not play Data again), but being able to fully watch DS9 I have to wonder why the hell there is no DS9 movie. It's not as philosophical or high-culture based as TNG, which is what has me preferring TNG over DS9 (as well as having Patrick Stewart over Avery Brooks, as well as having Deanna Troi who sat at Picard's left hand), but DS9 told too good of a story to not have a movie! Even if I only like a couple of the characters and I think most of the actors are lame, and I miss the references to Chopin, Shakespeare, and Sun Tzu, a DS9 movie would have been awesome.

Shadow Wolf

The Addams Family (the first movie). It's still a decent movie to watch every once in awhile.
And Morticia is really hot in just about every scene of the movie she is in. And I love the look of the mansion.

EyeofOdin

***spoiler alert***

Can I please talk about Zara's death? I can't get something out of my mind which is a scary question. At what point did Zara die?

She can be seen in the shot over the mosasaurus where she is in the mouth, held by the pteranodon, frantically trying to claw her way out, but she was already deep in the throat, behind the inner mosasaurus teeth. Was she swallowed into the digestive system alive?